Olympic gold medallist to make splash at London Fields
- Credit: Getty Images for British Gas
Four time Olympic gold medallist Becky Adlington will be making an appearance at London Fields Lido this month to encourage more people to swim regularly.
The athlete will join a host of big-name swimmers including Paralympic swimmer Jessica-Jane Applegate, Michael Jamieson and Ellie Simmonds, at SwimBritain, by British Gas, a relay event in which the public can get involved.
The event returns for its second year on September 28 and families and seasoned swimmers can join in with two different styles of relay. SwimBritain1000 is a four-person relay where each team member swims 250m four times around the course.
SwimBritain500 for families sees team members swim half the distance.
Everyone signing up will receive free coaching sessions, redeemable in more than 100 pools across the country and access to training materials and an app to improve their technique. Particpants also receive a goody bag and a medal after completely the challenge.
You may also want to watch:
Spaces for British Gas SwimBritain are limited so booking gyour team in early is recommended. To find out more visit swimbritain.co.uk.
- 1 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 2 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 5 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 6 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 7 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 8 New photography book celebrates Hackney’s residents of all ages
- 9 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 10 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London