Olympic gold medallist to make splash at London Fields
- Credit: Getty Images for British Gas
Four time Olympic gold medallist Becky Adlington will be making an appearance at London Fields Lido this month to encourage more people to swim regularly.
The athlete will join a host of big-name swimmers including Paralympic swimmer Jessica-Jane Applegate, Michael Jamieson and Ellie Simmonds, at SwimBritain, by British Gas, a relay event in which the public can get involved.
The event returns for its second year on September 28 and families and seasoned swimmers can join in with two different styles of relay. SwimBritain1000 is a four-person relay where each team member swims 250m four times around the course.
SwimBritain500 for families sees team members swim half the distance.
Everyone signing up will receive free coaching sessions, redeemable in more than 100 pools across the country and access to training materials and an app to improve their technique. Particpants also receive a goody bag and a medal after completely the challenge.
You may also want to watch:
Spaces for British Gas SwimBritain are limited so booking gyour team in early is recommended. To find out more visit swimbritain.co.uk.
- 1 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 2 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 3 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 4 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 5 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 6 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 7 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 8 Boiling Point: The film shot in one take inside a Hackney restaurant
- 9 Woman battered Hackney Wetherspoons with axe as customers hid inside
- 10 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing