Olympic gold medallist to make splash at London Fields
- Credit: Getty Images for British Gas
Four time Olympic gold medallist Becky Adlington will be making an appearance at London Fields Lido this month to encourage more people to swim regularly.
The athlete will join a host of big-name swimmers including Paralympic swimmer Jessica-Jane Applegate, Michael Jamieson and Ellie Simmonds, at SwimBritain, by British Gas, a relay event in which the public can get involved.
The event returns for its second year on September 28 and families and seasoned swimmers can join in with two different styles of relay. SwimBritain1000 is a four-person relay where each team member swims 250m four times around the course.
SwimBritain500 for families sees team members swim half the distance.
Everyone signing up will receive free coaching sessions, redeemable in more than 100 pools across the country and access to training materials and an app to improve their technique. Particpants also receive a goody bag and a medal after completely the challenge.
You may also want to watch:
Spaces for British Gas SwimBritain are limited so booking gyour team in early is recommended. To find out more visit swimbritain.co.uk.
- 1 Turner Prize winning artist holds exhibition in his former Hackney school
- 2 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 3 Huge new charity kitchen aims to produce 100,000 meals east London people this summer
- 4 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 5 Letter against the use of e-scooters on roads
- 6 Mick Gosling tribute: 'A man of honesty and justice'
- 7 Free boat parties, stone-fired pizza and more this weekend in Hackney
- 8 Meet the Wonder Warriors – the charity helping women with endometriosis
- 9 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 10 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised