Olympic gold medallist to make splash at London Fields
- Credit: Getty Images for British Gas
Four time Olympic gold medallist Becky Adlington will be making an appearance at London Fields Lido this month to encourage more people to swim regularly.
The athlete will join a host of big-name swimmers including Paralympic swimmer Jessica-Jane Applegate, Michael Jamieson and Ellie Simmonds, at SwimBritain, by British Gas, a relay event in which the public can get involved.
The event returns for its second year on September 28 and families and seasoned swimmers can join in with two different styles of relay. SwimBritain1000 is a four-person relay where each team member swims 250m four times around the course.
SwimBritain500 for families sees team members swim half the distance.
Everyone signing up will receive free coaching sessions, redeemable in more than 100 pools across the country and access to training materials and an app to improve their technique. Particpants also receive a goody bag and a medal after completely the challenge.
You may also want to watch:
Spaces for British Gas SwimBritain are limited so booking gyour team in early is recommended. To find out more visit swimbritain.co.uk.
- 1 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 2 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 3 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 4 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 5 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 6 Community lifelines: Volunteer 'superheroes' feed Hackney people in need
- 7 Parents raise thousands for home-learning supplies in Hackney and London
- 8 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 9 Sawing-in-half trick reaches century since first show in Finsbury Park
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse