Lewis Johnson: Inquest into death of Holloway teenager killed in scooter crash delayed by nearly a year
- Credit: Archant
The inquest into the death of Lewis Johnson in Clapton Common has been delayed by nearly a year, after the planned inquest has been postponed.
The coroner’s investigation into the 18-year-old’s death was set to start on Monday and run for three weeks, with a jury present.
However the inquest has been pulled from the schedule, and the Gazette has been told it will now start nearly twelve months later, on September 9 2019. No reason has been given by the Inner North London coroner’s service for the delay. The hearings will take place more than three and a half years since he died.
Mr Johnson, who was a former pupil at St Aloysius College, off Archway Road, was killed when the moped he was driving smashed into a van on February 9 2016. He, and his pillion passenger Louis Kyriacou, were being chased by police after a smash-and-grab robbery in Kingsland Road.
Kyriacou, of Pentonville Road, Islington, was found with five phones on him and was jailed for 10 months in November 2016 after admitting stealing them.
You may also want to watch:
The Independent Office of Police Complaint (IOPC) made a referral to the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) to consider criminal charges against the two officers for driving offences, and against one officer for misconduct in public office. However the CPS decided not to take any action.
- 1 "Heartless" Joshua White killers jailed for life
- 2 Broken De Beauvoir Estate lift saw man "bump" wife in wheelchair down stairs
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 Hackney Rabbi campaigns with Idris Elba, Ed Sheeran, Lewis Hamilton and others to Never Forget Stephen Lawrence
- 5 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 6 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 7 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 8 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 9 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 10 Three men charged following Hackney shooting