Organisers of festive East London town reveal line-up
- Credit: Archant
The organisers of a huge festive town taking over Victoria Park next week have revealed its programme of activities, food and attractions.
Winterville will open on Tuesday in collaboration with acclaimed entertainers, restaurants and market traders to get residents in the holiday mood.
Taking centre stage is an ice rink, set against the backdrop of the park. The wood and mirror panelled Spiegeltent will be the setting for live acts and free weekend club nights.
Friday night music will come courtesy of nightlife heavyweight Bugged Out!, fresh from celebrating its 20th birthday.
And on Saturday evenings, pop movement Guilty Pleasures will man the decks with dancers and glitterballs.
You may also want to watch:
Shows from Cirque du Cabaret will feature performers blending burlesque with cabaret while cult club night Rebel Bingo is making a Christmas appearance with an outlandish take on the classic game.
Hungry visitors can tuck into offerings from street food vendors such as Voodoo Ray pizza and Anna Mae’s macaroni cheese, or quench their thirst at the craft beer centre and on-site pub.
- 1 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 4 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 5 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 6 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 7 Hackney postal voters urged to reapply after cyber-attack
- 8 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 9 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
There will be plenty to do for children, with fairground rides, Santa’s grotto and daily pantomime performances with a cast of Hackney schoolchildren.
Entry into Winterville is free, with tickets for some attractions. To book, visit winterville.co.uk.