Organisers of festive East London town reveal line-up
- Credit: Archant
The organisers of a huge festive town taking over Victoria Park next week have revealed its programme of activities, food and attractions.
Winterville will open on Tuesday in collaboration with acclaimed entertainers, restaurants and market traders to get residents in the holiday mood.
Taking centre stage is an ice rink, set against the backdrop of the park. The wood and mirror panelled Spiegeltent will be the setting for live acts and free weekend club nights.
Friday night music will come courtesy of nightlife heavyweight Bugged Out!, fresh from celebrating its 20th birthday.
And on Saturday evenings, pop movement Guilty Pleasures will man the decks with dancers and glitterballs.
Shows from Cirque du Cabaret will feature performers blending burlesque with cabaret while cult club night Rebel Bingo is making a Christmas appearance with an outlandish take on the classic game.
Hungry visitors can tuck into offerings from street food vendors such as Voodoo Ray pizza and Anna Mae’s macaroni cheese, or quench their thirst at the craft beer centre and on-site pub.
- 1 Boy, 16, in custody after spate of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes
- 2 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 3 Cops hunt 'crucial' witness 'Sandra' who helped teen rape victim
- 4 Wanted: Suspect sought after series of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes area
- 5 TfL worker launches petition to reinstate Finsbury Park to Edgware railway
- 6 Met defends Israeli police visit to Hackney
- 7 Pole thrown on railway tracks 'caused over 11 hours of delays'
- 8 The three strikes and protests hitting Hackney this week
- 9 Plea date set for teen charged with broad daylight stabbing
- 10 Hackney shooting: Appeal after 'weapons fight' in Lower Clapton
There will be plenty to do for children, with fairground rides, Santa’s grotto and daily pantomime performances with a cast of Hackney schoolchildren.
Entry into Winterville is free, with tickets for some attractions. To book, visit winterville.co.uk.