Orient striker pens new deal
- Credit: Archant
Kevin Lisbie will remain with the club until 2014
Striker Kevin Lisbie has signed a one-year contract extension at Leyton Orient.
The 34-year-old’s current deal was due to expire in the summer, but the veteran forward has now put pen to paper to extend his stay.
Orient boss Russell Slade said: “Kevin is a huge player for us and to get his commitment moving forwards is massive. “He’s a class act and an excellent pro who offers us valuable experience and quality both on and off the pitch.
“He’s excellent with the younger players and they can learn a lot from him.
You may also want to watch:
“He attracted some interest in the transfer window so for him to see his future with us gives an indication of what we are building here and it’s great for the club.”
- 1 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 2 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 3 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Roads, Museum of the Home, Living Wage and child exploitation
- 6 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 7 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 8 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 9 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 10 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12