Orient striker pens new deal
- Credit: Archant
Kevin Lisbie will remain with the club until 2014
Striker Kevin Lisbie has signed a one-year contract extension at Leyton Orient.
The 34-year-old’s current deal was due to expire in the summer, but the veteran forward has now put pen to paper to extend his stay.
Orient boss Russell Slade said: “Kevin is a huge player for us and to get his commitment moving forwards is massive. “He’s a class act and an excellent pro who offers us valuable experience and quality both on and off the pitch.
“He’s excellent with the younger players and they can learn a lot from him.
You may also want to watch:
“He attracted some interest in the transfer window so for him to see his future with us gives an indication of what we are building here and it’s great for the club.”
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 3 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 4 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 5 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 6 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 7 Parents raise thousands for home-learning supplies in Hackney and London
- 8 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 9 Community lifelines: Volunteer 'superheroes' feed Hackney people in need
- 10 Olympic boxer joins fight to make vegetable poverty history in Hackney