Orthodox Jewish charity praised for helping troubled teens
- Credit: Archant
Kol Boniach, a charity set up 15 years ago to deal with troubled youth from the Orthodox Jewish community has been honoured in a reception hosted by the Speaker of Hackney, Sade Etti.
Kol Boniach was founded in Stamford Hill by Rabbi Osher Schapiro, to help teens at risk who may be involved with drugs, or from broken homes.
The organisation is now regarded as a one-stop-shop for disadvantaged people of all ages across London, including children and families living in poverty, orphans and foster carers.
Levi Shapiro, from Kol Bonaich, said: “We are proud of our organisation’s variety of programmes and professional mentors, and over the years we have a 100 per cent success rate, by working with teens on daily basis until they are fit to be part of society.
“Our counselling sessions, work training, activities, life coaching and skills, social events, parties and many more programmes are all designed to help teens at risk and kids in pain.
You may also want to watch:
“Kol Bonaich works 24/7 365 days a year without any government funding or payments from our clients as we work free of charge, our fundraisers hold a fundraising event twice a year where they try to raise the funds needed to continue our special
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 6 Newington Green's Meeting House to stream concert series for Mary Wollstonecraft's 262nd Birthday
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 Calls for black women's voices to also be heard in light of Sarah Everard death
- 9 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 10 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
The reception was held at the town hall.