London Overground delays: Second day of misery for commuters through Hackney and Islington
- Credit: Archant
A power failure at Dalston Kingsland this morning left Overground commuters facing a second consecutive day of misery.
Power supply problems at the station also caused travel issues yesterday, and staff at the station offered a Pokemon-themed apology this morning.
It was claimed the “station Pikachu” had been captured – a reference to Pokemon Go, an augmented reality game for smartphones that launched earlier this month.
At 8.30am, less than 20 minutes after the Gazette photographed the light-hearted sign, the problem reoccurred, leaving trains cancelled between Stratford and Camden Road.
The line runs through Hackney and Islington and includes an interchange with the Victoria line at Highbury & Islington.
You may also want to watch:
As of 10am, the issue was still causing severe delays.
One traveller complained on Twitter about a lack of information on alternative travel out of Stratford.
- 1 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 2 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 3 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 4 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 5 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 8 Hackney Council cyberattack: Stolen data published on the dark web
- 9 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 10 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
This page is being updated