London Overground delays: Second day of misery for commuters through Hackney and Islington
- Credit: Archant
A power failure at Dalston Kingsland this morning left Overground commuters facing a second consecutive day of misery.
Power supply problems at the station also caused travel issues yesterday, and staff at the station offered a Pokemon-themed apology this morning.
It was claimed the “station Pikachu” had been captured – a reference to Pokemon Go, an augmented reality game for smartphones that launched earlier this month.
At 8.30am, less than 20 minutes after the Gazette photographed the light-hearted sign, the problem reoccurred, leaving trains cancelled between Stratford and Camden Road.
The line runs through Hackney and Islington and includes an interchange with the Victoria line at Highbury & Islington.
As of 10am, the issue was still causing severe delays.
One traveller complained on Twitter about a lack of information on alternative travel out of Stratford.
- 1 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 2 12 stolen phones recovered after stop and search in Hackney
- 3 Operation to crack down on Dalston street robberies erupted into 'violence'
- 4 Flats under construction in Hackney Wick to be knocked down and rebuilt
- 5 Disorder in Dalston: Eight charged and footage referred to IOPC watchdog
- 6 Three men convicted for Dalston shooting
- 7 Footage appearing to show officer striking man in Dalston under review
- 8 Thunderstorms to hit London this evening warns Met Office
- 9 Men jailed after firing 13 shots at people in children's park
- 10 All you need to know about Hackney Half and Hackney Moves
This page is being updated