London Overground delays: Second day of misery for commuters through Hackney and Islington
- Credit: Archant
A power failure at Dalston Kingsland this morning left Overground commuters facing a second consecutive day of misery.
Power supply problems at the station also caused travel issues yesterday, and staff at the station offered a Pokemon-themed apology this morning.
It was claimed the “station Pikachu” had been captured – a reference to Pokemon Go, an augmented reality game for smartphones that launched earlier this month.
At 8.30am, less than 20 minutes after the Gazette photographed the light-hearted sign, the problem reoccurred, leaving trains cancelled between Stratford and Camden Road.
The line runs through Hackney and Islington and includes an interchange with the Victoria line at Highbury & Islington.
You may also want to watch:
As of 10am, the issue was still causing severe delays.
One traveller complained on Twitter about a lack of information on alternative travel out of Stratford.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 6 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'
- 9 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 10 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
This page is being updated