London Overground delays: Second day of misery for commuters through Hackney and Islington
- Credit: Archant
A power failure at Dalston Kingsland this morning left Overground commuters facing a second consecutive day of misery.
Power supply problems at the station also caused travel issues yesterday, and staff at the station offered a Pokemon-themed apology this morning.
It was claimed the “station Pikachu” had been captured – a reference to Pokemon Go, an augmented reality game for smartphones that launched earlier this month.
At 8.30am, less than 20 minutes after the Gazette photographed the light-hearted sign, the problem reoccurred, leaving trains cancelled between Stratford and Camden Road.
The line runs through Hackney and Islington and includes an interchange with the Victoria line at Highbury & Islington.
You may also want to watch:
As of 10am, the issue was still causing severe delays.
One traveller complained on Twitter about a lack of information on alternative travel out of Stratford.
- 1 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 2 Chinese dumpling house voted top restaurant by readers
- 3 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 4 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
- 5 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 6 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 7 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 8 Hackney Wick's Lord Napier pub opens its doors after 26 years
- 9 Scouts roll out new early years Squirrels programme across east London
- 10 Hackney's field-to-fork cooking school opens in Lower Clapton
This page is being updated