Party in the Park’s annual success
- Credit: Archant
A compere dressed as a pirate, complete with parrot and eye patch, was a surprise hit at the annual Party in the Park at the weekend.
Families enjoyed music and three hours of fun and activities as the De Beauvoir Association staged its latest annual party to bring the community together in De Beauvoir Square on Saturday.
Four face painters worked flat out to decorate children and hula hoopers and a steel band provided entertainment.
Actor Rob Pomfret who recently played Mr Rochester in Jane Eyre at the Rosemary Branch pub theatre, took on the part of the one-eyed nautical character.
Firefighters from Shoreditch were another favourite as children played with hoses and sprayed each other, and a bouncy castle was in constant use. A free book and toy for every child, a key feature of the event, was made possible thanks to generous gifts from local people.
You may also want to watch:
Paul Bolding, one of the organisers, said: “A huge team of volunteers worked hard in advance and on the day to make it happen.
“We were lucky to have fantastic weather this year and the fire hoses were a fantastic way for the children to cool down. Everyone seems to have had a great time and we have had lots of messages of thanks from families who came.”
- 1 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 2 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 3 This isn't a funny column - Covid killed my father
- 4 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 7 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 8 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
Children’s activities were free thanks to donations from businesses.