Passing Clouds meeting to influence G8 agenda
A meeting to discuss how to bring the scandal of global hunger to the attention of world leaders at the G8 summit takes place next Sunday in Dalston.
The event at passing Clouds aims to raise awareness of the IF Campaign, which sees over 150 charities collaborating to ensure the issues of aid, land, tax and transparency are on the G8’s agenda on June 17, when eight of the world’s most powerful capitalist nations will meet up in the UK.
Organiser Barbara Eze, a volunteer at Progressio, an international development charity, hopes it will be a fun, informal and creative evening.
“It is a chance to meet with others who think that one in eight people going hungry every day is simply unacceptable,” she said.
“Lots of people around here do care about people who do not have enough food in poor countries but they don’t know how to show their support for campaigns or charities trying to make a difference, so this is a really easy way of getting involved.”
You may also want to watch:
The event takes place at 6pm on Sunday June 2 at Passing Clouds in Richmond Road, Dalston. See www.progressio.org.uk/if for more information.
- 1 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 4 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 7 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director
- 8 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 9 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction
- 10 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown