Pedestrian hit by bus in Stoke Newington has died
- Credit: Archant
A woman injured after being hit by a bus in Stoke Newington has died.
The 56-year-old woman was struck by the rail replacement bus in Stoke Newington Road at the junction with Princess May Road on Saturday at around 4.30pm.
She was taken to an East London hospital in a critical condition and subsequently died last night.
Her next of kin are aware however formal identification is yet to take place.
Enquiries continue and there have been no arrests.
Witnesses or anyone with information are asked to call 020 8597 4874 or the police non-emergency line 101.
- 1 Girl reported missing from Hackney found
- 2 Man arrested over two separate rape allegations - one previously unknown to police
- 3 Woman, 31, cleared of murdering man in Hackney
- 4 Come Dine With Me calls on east London restaurants for new show
- 5 Man's head and hand slashed in Hackney knife attack
- 6 Dumpling Shack announces plans for Hackney restaurant
- 7 Covid patient numbers remain steady at Homerton Hospital
- 8 Sentencing delayed for 'audacious' fraudster who conned Hackney hotel staff
- 9 Hackney-born football fanatic pens lifelong passion
- 10 Hackney woman fined £12,000 for hosting birthday bash a day after No 10 parties