Pedestrian hit by bus in Stoke Newington has died
- Credit: Archant
A woman injured after being hit by a bus in Stoke Newington has died.
The 56-year-old woman was struck by the rail replacement bus in Stoke Newington Road at the junction with Princess May Road on Saturday at around 4.30pm.
She was taken to an East London hospital in a critical condition and subsequently died last night.
Her next of kin are aware however formal identification is yet to take place.
Enquiries continue and there have been no arrests.
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses or anyone with information are asked to call 020 8597 4874 or the police non-emergency line 101.
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 3 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 4 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 7 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 8 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back
- 9 Police divers search for man who fell from boat into freezing River Lea
- 10 Woman arrested over London Fields shooting that left innocent bystander paralysed