Pedestrian hit by bus in Stoke Newington has died
- Credit: Archant
A woman injured after being hit by a bus in Stoke Newington has died.
The 56-year-old woman was struck by the rail replacement bus in Stoke Newington Road at the junction with Princess May Road on Saturday at around 4.30pm.
She was taken to an East London hospital in a critical condition and subsequently died last night.
Her next of kin are aware however formal identification is yet to take place.
Enquiries continue and there have been no arrests.
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses or anyone with information are asked to call 020 8597 4874 or the police non-emergency line 101.
- 1 Queens Birthday Honours List 2021: MP Meg Hillier and poet Lemn Sissay among those recognised
- 2 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 3 5 great places in north London to watch England's Euro 2020 campaign
- 4 Woman accused of murdering man in Hackney appears in court
- 5 Ridley Road market mask hero helps Hackney people through the pandemic
- 6 Diane Abbott to join 'Geffrye Must Fall' protest at museum reopening
- 7 The Museum of the Home 'welcomes peaceful protest' over Geffrye statue
- 8 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 9 Hackney could lose Dalston ward to Islington under proposed redrawing of electoral map
- 10 Woman charged with murder after Stamford Hill fatal stabbing