Pedestrian injured in a serious collision with a HGV lorry in Great Eastern Street
- Credit: Archant
Fire crew worked solidly for 30 minutes to release a man trapped under a HGV lorry following a serious collision this evening in Shoreditch.
Two fire crew from Shoreditch fire station are attending the incident which occurred at the junction of Great Eastern Street and Charlotte Street around 6pm.
Firefighters jacked up the front wheels of the Tesco HGV lorry to free the pedestrian who was taken to Royal London hospital.
A spokeswoman from the London Ambulance Service said: “We were called at just after 6pm to reports of a road traffic collision on Great Eastern Street and the junction with Leonard Road.
“We sent a motorcycle responder, two ambulance crews, a duty officer and London’s Air Ambulance in a car to the scene.
You may also want to watch:
“Our staff treated one patient, a man, who was taken to the Royal London hospital as a priority”.
Great Eastern Street is currently closed to traffic in both directions.
- 1 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 2 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 3 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
- 4 Stoke Newington eatery voted favourite café by Gazette readers
- 5 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 6 Undercover Met officers may have infiltrated Hackney CND
- 7 Hackney's field-to-fork cooking school opens in Lower Clapton
- 8 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 9 Repair Shop's Jay Blades hosts bingo for older Londoners
- 10 Complaints about noise neighbours soared in Hackney during the pandemic