Pedestrian left fighting for life after Stamford Hill crash
- Credit: Archant
A pedestrian was left fighting for her life following a car crash in Stamford Hill.
Police and the air ambulance attended the accident on Thursday morning just after 7am in Stamford Hill at the corner with Clapton Common, and the victim, a woman in her 30s, was taken to hospital.
Levi Shapiro was nearby when the accident happened and called the emergency services before helping at the scene until they arrived.
He said: “Basically I was across the road in the bakery and I just heard a bit bang, and I dropped my shopping and ran out to see what happened.
“The front windscreen on the BMW, a fancy strong car, was literally shattered to bits so I figured the impact of this accident was very serious.
“Obviously there will be an investigation but the fact of the matter is the message has to go out that people shouldn’t try to save a few minutes and risk their life and cross between cars when there is a set of lights so close.
“It’s a major intersection, there are five lanes on the side of the Clapham Common.
- 1 Man rushed to hospital following Stoke Newington stabbing
- 2 Woman 'may face life-changing injuries' after Dalston e-scooter crash
- 3 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 4 Dalston food couriers protest will disrupt deliveries this afternoon
- 5 'We are trying to shift a culture': ending harassment of Hackney school pupils
- 6 Incinerator protest group WhatsApp infiltrated by waste authority member
- 7 Apply now: Hackney Central business fund launched
- 8 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 9 Man arrested over two separate rape allegations - one previously unknown to police
- 10 Three jailed after 'horrific' revenge attack on teenage boy near Finsbury Park
“Wait another minute and live for longer,” he urged.
“Let’s hope for the best she will be well very soon.”
Police said Tuesday that the woman is still in a serious condition, but the injuries are no longer life threatening.
The driver stopped at the scene and police enquiries continue.