Pedestrian left fighting for life after Stamford Hill crash
- Credit: Archant
A pedestrian was left fighting for her life following a car crash in Stamford Hill.
Police and the air ambulance attended the accident on Thursday morning just after 7am in Stamford Hill at the corner with Clapton Common, and the victim, a woman in her 30s, was taken to hospital.
Levi Shapiro was nearby when the accident happened and called the emergency services before helping at the scene until they arrived.
He said: “Basically I was across the road in the bakery and I just heard a bit bang, and I dropped my shopping and ran out to see what happened.
“The front windscreen on the BMW, a fancy strong car, was literally shattered to bits so I figured the impact of this accident was very serious.
You may also want to watch:
“Obviously there will be an investigation but the fact of the matter is the message has to go out that people shouldn’t try to save a few minutes and risk their life and cross between cars when there is a set of lights so close.
“It’s a major intersection, there are five lanes on the side of the Clapham Common.
- 1 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 2 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 5 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 6 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 7 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 8 New photography book celebrates Hackney’s residents of all ages
- 9 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 10 Hackney writer creates web series to deter young people from "street life"
“Wait another minute and live for longer,” he urged.
“Let’s hope for the best she will be well very soon.”
Police said Tuesday that the woman is still in a serious condition, but the injuries are no longer life threatening.
The driver stopped at the scene and police enquiries continue.