Pedestrian seriously injured when hit by bus in Mare Street
His injuries are not life threatening, say police
A man is in a serious condition in hospital after being hit by a bus in Hackney Central on Saturday afternoon (November 6).
The man, a pedestrian believed to be in his 20s, suffered head injuries in the collision, which happened in Mare Street, near the Richmond Road junction, shortly before 3.45pm.
Parademics rushed him to an east London hospital where he remains in a serious but stable condition this morning.
A police spokeswoman said his injuries were not thought to be life threatening.
You may also want to watch:
Traffic officers closed Mare Street until about 6.10pm.
No arrests have been made.
- 1 Fatal Gillett Square shooting shines spotlight on crime hotspot
- 2 Hackney's Miss London makes it to Miss England final
- 3 Patrick Anzy: Two arrests in Dalston fatal shooting investigation
- 4 Dalston shooting victim named by police
- 5 Man dies after reports of shooting in Dalston
- 6 Hot tub and BBQ boats relaunched at Canary Wharf
- 7 'I cried for a week': Hoxton chef Kirk Haworth on Great British Menu exit
- 8 'The pressure is intense': Hoxton vegan chef competes in Great British Menu
- 9 ‘I will not be a bystander’, says Extinction Rebellion climate activist
- 10 'They should have handled things earlier' - Bereaved son on Covid inquiry