Pedestrian seriously injured when hit by bus in Mare Street
His injuries are not life threatening, say police
A man is in a serious condition in hospital after being hit by a bus in Hackney Central on Saturday afternoon (November 6).
The man, a pedestrian believed to be in his 20s, suffered head injuries in the collision, which happened in Mare Street, near the Richmond Road junction, shortly before 3.45pm.
Parademics rushed him to an east London hospital where he remains in a serious but stable condition this morning.
A police spokeswoman said his injuries were not thought to be life threatening.
You may also want to watch:
Traffic officers closed Mare Street until about 6.10pm.
No arrests have been made.
- 1 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 2 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 3 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 7 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 8 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 9 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man