Pembury Estate youngsters do Hackney proud with football tournament wins
- Credit: Archant
Young footballers from a Clapton estate have been smashing records and winning international tournaments this summer.
Many of the Peabody Youth under 16s had never left London before embarking on their summer jaunt.
They won a 6-a-side tournament in High Wycombe - with the under 12, under 15 and under 16s all coming back with the trophy.
Then they won an international tournament in Manchester, facing off against teams from Kenya and Canada before beating PFA 1-0 in the final.
They also enjoyed a tour of Old Trafford and were inspired by the trophy cabinet, although they have won more trophies than Manchester United in the last few years.
You may also want to watch:
Coach Raldy Patrick said: "Many of our players play for other teams and are in the process of being scouted for professional clubs.
"We always cone back to play for Pembury because we are proud of our community and would like the opportunity to travel and play against similar community teams."
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 3 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 4 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 5 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 6 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 7 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 8 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 9 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back
- 10 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared