Pembury Estate youngsters do Hackney proud with football tournament wins
- Credit: Archant
Young footballers from a Clapton estate have been smashing records and winning international tournaments this summer.
Many of the Peabody Youth under 16s had never left London before embarking on their summer jaunt.
They won a 6-a-side tournament in High Wycombe - with the under 12, under 15 and under 16s all coming back with the trophy.
Then they won an international tournament in Manchester, facing off against teams from Kenya and Canada before beating PFA 1-0 in the final.
They also enjoyed a tour of Old Trafford and were inspired by the trophy cabinet, although they have won more trophies than Manchester United in the last few years.
You may also want to watch:
Coach Raldy Patrick said: "Many of our players play for other teams and are in the process of being scouted for professional clubs.
"We always cone back to play for Pembury because we are proud of our community and would like the opportunity to travel and play against similar community teams."
- 1 Legendary east London graffiti pub to reopen after 26 years
- 2 Hackney Wick bar and restaurant opens with Two More Years to go
- 3 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 4 Residents report losing sleep over Broadway Market drinkers and idling minicab engines
- 5 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 6 Gone in 60 seconds: Watch as 'keyless' thief steals Hackney car
- 7 Stamford Hill North and Shoreditch hardest hit during Covid waves
- 8 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 9 Surgery blunder sees wrong side of 75-year-old patient's thyroid removed
- 10 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness