Pensioner left seriously injured after being hit by car in Green Lanes
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
A pensioner suffered serious head injuries and fractured ribs after being hit by a car in Green Lanes on Saturday afternoon.
The man in his 70s was walking near the junction with Highbury Quadrant at about 4.30pm when he was struck.
An off duty doctor stopped to help the man, who was left with a serious head wound and suspected fractured skull.
He was taken by medics to the East London Major Trauma Centre at the Royal London Hospital, where he was confirmed to have an arterial bleed form the head and a set of fractured ribs.
His injuries are not said to be life threatening or life changing.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the car stopped at the scene and has not been arrested.
Anyone who saw anything has been asked to call Hackney Police on 101 and quote CAD6454/10Dec.
- 1 Residents' parking spaces removed for Church Street LTN
- 2 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 3 Hackney's pie and mash house son featured on MasterChef
- 4 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 5 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 6 Hackney's Liam Dillion aims for vacant English super-featherweight title
- 7 Still no justice for Hackney flat party stabbing victim Elyon Poku
- 8 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 9 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 10 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate