Pensioner left seriously injured after being hit by car in Green Lanes
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
A pensioner suffered serious head injuries and fractured ribs after being hit by a car in Green Lanes on Saturday afternoon.
The man in his 70s was walking near the junction with Highbury Quadrant at about 4.30pm when he was struck.
An off duty doctor stopped to help the man, who was left with a serious head wound and suspected fractured skull.
He was taken by medics to the East London Major Trauma Centre at the Royal London Hospital, where he was confirmed to have an arterial bleed form the head and a set of fractured ribs.
His injuries are not said to be life threatening or life changing.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the car stopped at the scene and has not been arrested.
Anyone who saw anything has been asked to call Hackney Police on 101 and quote CAD6454/10Dec.
- 1 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 2 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 3 Community lifelines: Volunteer 'superheroes' feed Hackney people in need
- 4 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 5 Parents raise thousands for home-learning supplies in Hackney and London
- 6 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 7 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 8 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 9 Sawing-in-half trick reaches century since first show in Finsbury Park
- 10 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London