Pensioner left seriously injured after being hit by car in Green Lanes
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
A pensioner suffered serious head injuries and fractured ribs after being hit by a car in Green Lanes on Saturday afternoon.
The man in his 70s was walking near the junction with Highbury Quadrant at about 4.30pm when he was struck.
An off duty doctor stopped to help the man, who was left with a serious head wound and suspected fractured skull.
He was taken by medics to the East London Major Trauma Centre at the Royal London Hospital, where he was confirmed to have an arterial bleed form the head and a set of fractured ribs.
His injuries are not said to be life threatening or life changing.
The driver of the car stopped at the scene and has not been arrested.
Anyone who saw anything has been asked to call Hackney Police on 101 and quote CAD6454/10Dec.
- 1 CCTV: Dog walker helped raped woman, 19, call the police in Hackney
- 2 Stoke Newington residents go without running water for days
- 3 Protesting workers in wage war with Hackney Council
- 4 Mother of son lost to knife crime honoured by the Queen
- 5 Boxpark reveals plans for Shoreditch rooftop garden
- 6 Call to end Islamophobia in Islington at first awareness event
- 7 De Beauvoir to house UK's first East and South-East Asian resource centre
- 8 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 9 UK's 'home of baking' to open third venue in Haggerston
- 10 Half a million Mare Street flat to be auctioned for investment