Pensioner left seriously injured after being hit by car in Green Lanes
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
A pensioner suffered serious head injuries and fractured ribs after being hit by a car in Green Lanes on Saturday afternoon.
The man in his 70s was walking near the junction with Highbury Quadrant at about 4.30pm when he was struck.
An off duty doctor stopped to help the man, who was left with a serious head wound and suspected fractured skull.
He was taken by medics to the East London Major Trauma Centre at the Royal London Hospital, where he was confirmed to have an arterial bleed form the head and a set of fractured ribs.
His injuries are not said to be life threatening or life changing.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the car stopped at the scene and has not been arrested.
Anyone who saw anything has been asked to call Hackney Police on 101 and quote CAD6454/10Dec.
- 1 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 2 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 3 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 4 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 7 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 8 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 9 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school
- 10 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney