Pensioner Sheila Fletcher’s appeal to find long-lost brother Ivan Nuttall, who could be in Stoke Newington
- Credit: Sheila Fletcher
A pensioner is searching for the long-lost brother she hasn’t heard from in 50 years.
Sheila Fletcher believes Ivan Nuttall, who would now be in his late 80s, was a licensee of the Victoria Pub in Hackney Wick in the 1970s, and that he may be living in Stoke Newington.
Sheila and Ivan share the same father, Ellis Nuttall. Ivan’s mother Ruth had already died by the time Ellis met Sheila’s mother, a widow called Maud.
Ivan was 18 when Sheila, now 72, was born in 1947. He had just joined the Royal Navy. She last saw him 15 years later.
She told the Gazette: “My parents both died when I was in my early 20s and I understand there was a fallout with Ivan when I was a teenager, which I know nothing about.
You may also want to watch:
“It wasn’t resolved before they died. It would be a shame not to be able to contact him.”
She remembers Ivan had two sons – Stephen and David – but has no way of contacting them.
- 1 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Undercover Met officers may have infiltrated Hackney CND
- 4 Decision to demolish 'irreplaceable' community hall in Hackney on hold
- 5 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 6 'It’s scandalous': Hackney LTN's £4m in fines in 18 months
- 7 Stoke Newington restauranteur's father becomes Dementia Friend at 101
- 8 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 9 Man who punched pregnant woman in Stamford Hill convicted
- 10 Hackney Travellers campaign to move back to Olympic site
Email email@example.com if you know Ivan.