Pensioner Sheila Fletcher’s appeal to find long-lost brother Ivan Nuttall, who could be in Stoke Newington
- Credit: Sheila Fletcher
A pensioner is searching for the long-lost brother she hasn’t heard from in 50 years.
Sheila Fletcher believes Ivan Nuttall, who would now be in his late 80s, was a licensee of the Victoria Pub in Hackney Wick in the 1970s, and that he may be living in Stoke Newington.
Sheila and Ivan share the same father, Ellis Nuttall. Ivan’s mother Ruth had already died by the time Ellis met Sheila’s mother, a widow called Maud.
Ivan was 18 when Sheila, now 72, was born in 1947. He had just joined the Royal Navy. She last saw him 15 years later.
She told the Gazette: “My parents both died when I was in my early 20s and I understand there was a fallout with Ivan when I was a teenager, which I know nothing about.
You may also want to watch:
“It wasn’t resolved before they died. It would be a shame not to be able to contact him.”
She remembers Ivan had two sons – Stephen and David – but has no way of contacting them.
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 3 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 6 Roads, Museum of the Home, Living Wage and child exploitation
- 7 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 8 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 9 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 10 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
Email email@example.com if you know Ivan.