Perfect pooches strut their fluff on Shoreditch rooftop
- Credit: Archant
Waggy tails, adorable outfits and plenty of sass trotted onto the roof of the Queen of Hoxton for a sun-drenched dog show, but only one could be crowned ‘Best in Show’.
With categories from coolest outfit to waggiest tail and best trick, the Shoreditch rooftop packed out to see the canine companions at play at the annual ‘Cannt Crufts’ show last week.
The eventual winner was four-month-old Harvey James Morgan, who stole the show with his good looks and soft coat.
Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Ruby scooped the prize for best costume, with the judges declaring her “our favourite hipster in Shoreditch.”
Staffordshire bull terrier Frankie, donning a tux that would make James Bond jealous, won the agility contest for the second year running, narrowly beating Doug the pug, also wearing a strapping suit.
You may also want to watch:
The Queen of Hoxton’s famous rooftop runs star-lit cinema screenings all summer.
- 1 Residents' parking spaces removed for Church Street LTN
- 2 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 3 Letter on LTN scheme in Stoke Newington
- 4 Hackney's pie and mash house son featured on MasterChef
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat to Hackney from climate emergency
- 6 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 7 Still no justice for Hackney flat party stabbing victim Elyon Poku
- 8 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 9 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 10 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers