Perfect pooches strut their fluff on Shoreditch rooftop
- Credit: Archant
Waggy tails, adorable outfits and plenty of sass trotted onto the roof of the Queen of Hoxton for a sun-drenched dog show, but only one could be crowned ‘Best in Show’.
With categories from coolest outfit to waggiest tail and best trick, the Shoreditch rooftop packed out to see the canine companions at play at the annual ‘Cannt Crufts’ show last week.
The eventual winner was four-month-old Harvey James Morgan, who stole the show with his good looks and soft coat.
Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Ruby scooped the prize for best costume, with the judges declaring her “our favourite hipster in Shoreditch.”
Staffordshire bull terrier Frankie, donning a tux that would make James Bond jealous, won the agility contest for the second year running, narrowly beating Doug the pug, also wearing a strapping suit.
You may also want to watch:
The Queen of Hoxton’s famous rooftop runs star-lit cinema screenings all summer.
- 1 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 2 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 5 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 6 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 7 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 8 New photography book celebrates Hackney’s residents of all ages
- 9 Hackney writer creates web series to deter young people from "street life"
- 10 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London