Perfect pooches strut their fluff on Shoreditch rooftop
- Credit: Archant
Waggy tails, adorable outfits and plenty of sass trotted onto the roof of the Queen of Hoxton for a sun-drenched dog show, but only one could be crowned ‘Best in Show’.
With categories from coolest outfit to waggiest tail and best trick, the Shoreditch rooftop packed out to see the canine companions at play at the annual ‘Cannt Crufts’ show last week.
The eventual winner was four-month-old Harvey James Morgan, who stole the show with his good looks and soft coat.
Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Ruby scooped the prize for best costume, with the judges declaring her “our favourite hipster in Shoreditch.”
Staffordshire bull terrier Frankie, donning a tux that would make James Bond jealous, won the agility contest for the second year running, narrowly beating Doug the pug, also wearing a strapping suit.
You may also want to watch:
The Queen of Hoxton’s famous rooftop runs star-lit cinema screenings all summer.
- 1 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 2 Undercover Met officers may have infiltrated Hackney CND
- 3 Decision to demolish 'irreplaceable' community hall in Hackney on hold
- 4 Stoke Newington restauranteur's father becomes Dementia Friend at 101
- 5 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 6 Mural competition launched for Homerton green corridor
- 7 Hackney Travellers campaign to move back to Olympic site
- 8 No queues or check outs at Dalston's new Amazon Fresh store
- 9 'It’s scandalous': Hackney LTN's £4m in fines in 18 months
- 10 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate