‘Perfect’ Sea Cadet, 14, is a good role model
- Credit: Archant
A Sea Cadet was nominated by her peers to receive the prestigious Jack Petchey Foundation Achievement Award on Sunday.
Naysha Flood, 14, from the Clapton and Hackney Unit was recognised for being a good role model towards new female cadets and giving them advice on uniform and the different courses available for them to attend.
Peers described her behaviour as “perfect”, and that she always had a good attitude towards any task and was always up for fundraising.
Naysha was presented with a medallion at Great Kensington Hall to accompany her framed certificate and £200 cheque.
She is going to fund a multi-activity training weekend for cadets spend of the money.
You may also want to watch:
Lt Cdr (SCC) Cliff Lewis RNR said: “The day was a celebration of some of the most inspiring young people and adults in our organisation.
“We are so very grateful that the Foundation includes the Sea Cadets in its support for young people and their adult leaders.”
- 1 Hackney had worst knife crime rate in London, report finds
- 2 Dalston revealed as Hackney's top hotspot for weapons offences
- 3 'I think religion is a way for people to live meaningfully together': New Rabbi embraces Stoke Newington
- 4 Hackney sees house prices boom by more than 108 per cent over ten years
- 5 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 6 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this Halloween weekend
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 9 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 10 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack