‘Perfect’ Sea Cadet, 14, is a good role model
- Credit: Archant
A Sea Cadet was nominated by her peers to receive the prestigious Jack Petchey Foundation Achievement Award on Sunday.
Naysha Flood, 14, from the Clapton and Hackney Unit was recognised for being a good role model towards new female cadets and giving them advice on uniform and the different courses available for them to attend.
Peers described her behaviour as “perfect”, and that she always had a good attitude towards any task and was always up for fundraising.
Naysha was presented with a medallion at Great Kensington Hall to accompany her framed certificate and £200 cheque.
She is going to fund a multi-activity training weekend for cadets spend of the money.
You may also want to watch:
Lt Cdr (SCC) Cliff Lewis RNR said: “The day was a celebration of some of the most inspiring young people and adults in our organisation.
“We are so very grateful that the Foundation includes the Sea Cadets in its support for young people and their adult leaders.”
- 1 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 2 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 3 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 4 'Betrayal of Tottenham Hotspur': fans slam European Super League plan
- 5 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 6 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 7 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 8 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 9 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton