‘Perfect’ Sea Cadet, 14, is a good role model
- Credit: Archant
A Sea Cadet was nominated by her peers to receive the prestigious Jack Petchey Foundation Achievement Award on Sunday.
Naysha Flood, 14, from the Clapton and Hackney Unit was recognised for being a good role model towards new female cadets and giving them advice on uniform and the different courses available for them to attend.
Peers described her behaviour as “perfect”, and that she always had a good attitude towards any task and was always up for fundraising.
Naysha was presented with a medallion at Great Kensington Hall to accompany her framed certificate and £200 cheque.
She is going to fund a multi-activity training weekend for cadets spend of the money.
You may also want to watch:
Lt Cdr (SCC) Cliff Lewis RNR said: “The day was a celebration of some of the most inspiring young people and adults in our organisation.
“We are so very grateful that the Foundation includes the Sea Cadets in its support for young people and their adult leaders.”
- 1 Vacant Grade I-listed Shoreditch church to be restored and revamped
- 2 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 3 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72
- 4 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000
- 5 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 6 £5.75m investment agreed for "historic" Clapton leisure centre
- 7 Turner Prize winning artist holds exhibition in his former Hackney school
- 8 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 9 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 10 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted