‘Perfect’ Sea Cadet, 14, is a good role model
- Credit: Archant
A Sea Cadet was nominated by her peers to receive the prestigious Jack Petchey Foundation Achievement Award on Sunday.
Naysha Flood, 14, from the Clapton and Hackney Unit was recognised for being a good role model towards new female cadets and giving them advice on uniform and the different courses available for them to attend.
Peers described her behaviour as “perfect”, and that she always had a good attitude towards any task and was always up for fundraising.
Naysha was presented with a medallion at Great Kensington Hall to accompany her framed certificate and £200 cheque.
She is going to fund a multi-activity training weekend for cadets spend of the money.
You may also want to watch:
Lt Cdr (SCC) Cliff Lewis RNR said: “The day was a celebration of some of the most inspiring young people and adults in our organisation.
“We are so very grateful that the Foundation includes the Sea Cadets in its support for young people and their adult leaders.”
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 4 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 8 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 9 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 10 Hackney Council cyberattack: Stolen data published on the dark web