Performers get their ghoul on ahead of Hackney’s March of the Dead
Workshop this Sunday to prepare for procession
Organisers of next weekend’s March of the Dead are hosting a workshop for ghouls-in-the-making in Stoke Newington on Sunday (October 25).
Community theatre organisation StrangeWorks is inviting dancers, actors and puppeteers to its studio in Stoke Newington International Airport in Leswin Place where they can bring their ideas to life.
They will then take part in the fifth annual march when it takes over Hackney’s streets on Saturday October 30.
A procession of more than 500 performers, musicians and revellers will snake its way along Shoreditch High Street and Kingsland Road.
You may also want to watch:
Creatures of the night dressed in black, white and red will gather at 7pm sharp at Hoxton Square and the parade will culminate with a dance of the dead in Gillett Square, Dalston.
For more information, go to www.strangeworks.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 2 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 3 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 8 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 9 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 10 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities