Performers get their ghoul on ahead of Hackney’s March of the Dead
Workshop this Sunday to prepare for procession
Organisers of next weekend’s March of the Dead are hosting a workshop for ghouls-in-the-making in Stoke Newington on Sunday (October 25).
Community theatre organisation StrangeWorks is inviting dancers, actors and puppeteers to its studio in Stoke Newington International Airport in Leswin Place where they can bring their ideas to life.
They will then take part in the fifth annual march when it takes over Hackney’s streets on Saturday October 30.
A procession of more than 500 performers, musicians and revellers will snake its way along Shoreditch High Street and Kingsland Road.
You may also want to watch:
Creatures of the night dressed in black, white and red will gather at 7pm sharp at Hoxton Square and the parade will culminate with a dance of the dead in Gillett Square, Dalston.
For more information, go to www.strangeworks.org or email email@example.com.
- 1 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 2 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 3 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Roads, Museum of the Home, Living Wage and child exploitation
- 6 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 7 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 8 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 9 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 10 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12