Man dies after being hit by train at Hackney Central Overground station
- Credit: Archant
A man has died after being hit by a freight train at Hackney Central Overground station this afternoon.
Transport police were called to the scene just before 3.50pm along with fire crews, medics and the air ambulance.
The man was pronounced dead at the scene and the incident is not being treated as suspicious.
British Transport Police said they were trying to contact his next of kin.
Blogger Hackney Cyclist was on the platform when the man was hit. He said: "I didn't see it as I was looking at my phone at the time so I just heard the impact and people screaming."
You may also want to watch:
The Overground line has been suspended following the incident.
- 1 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 4 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 7 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Hackney remembers Prince Philip after his passing at age 99
- 9 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director
- 10 Arsenal legend Kelly Smith says Williamson and Wubben-Moy have the chance to impress for Lionesses