Man dies after being hit by train at Hackney Central Overground station
- Credit: Archant
A man has died after being hit by a freight train at Hackney Central Overground station this afternoon.
Transport police were called to the scene just before 3.50pm along with fire crews, medics and the air ambulance.
The man was pronounced dead at the scene and the incident is not being treated as suspicious.
British Transport Police said they were trying to contact his next of kin.
Blogger Hackney Cyclist was on the platform when the man was hit. He said: "I didn't see it as I was looking at my phone at the time so I just heard the impact and people screaming."
You may also want to watch:
The Overground line has been suspended following the incident.
- 1 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 2 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 3 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 4 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 5 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 6 All Points East: Radio 6 stage take-over plus more main stage acts
- 7 Hackney this weekend: A Jerk festival, bingo with a twist and more
- 8 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 9 Pastor Morris tribute: 'We don’t know what would have happened to us if it wasn’t for him'
- 10 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney