Man dies after being hit by train at Hackney Central Overground station
- Credit: Archant
A man has died after being hit by a freight train at Hackney Central Overground station this afternoon.
Transport police were called to the scene just before 3.50pm along with fire crews, medics and the air ambulance.
The man was pronounced dead at the scene and the incident is not being treated as suspicious.
British Transport Police said they were trying to contact his next of kin.
Blogger Hackney Cyclist was on the platform when the man was hit. He said: "I didn't see it as I was looking at my phone at the time so I just heard the impact and people screaming."
You may also want to watch:
The Overground line has been suspended following the incident.
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 3 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 4 Stamford Hill singer says Hackney people helped him on creative path
- 5 Olympic boxer joins fight to make vegetable poverty history in Hackney
- 6 Hackney Half marathon to go ahead amid uncertain Covid restrictions
- 7 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 8 Tributes paid to Hackney sports hero and coach Lloyd Cowan
- 9 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 10 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding