Personal trainer George Pearse’s 27-hour ‘PT-athon’ for Trekstock culminates in London Fields bootcamp
- Credit: George Pearse who wants to climb Kilimanjaro to raise funds for Trekstock
A personal trainer is running a free boot camp on Saturday in London Fields to raise money for a cancer charity.
George Pearse from Fresh Fit London is asking for donations for the session to put towards the £4,000 he needs to climb Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania next month for Trekstock.
The charity supports young adults with cancer.
The class will be the culmination of a 27-hour “PT-athon”, which starts on Friday at 8am and will see George tutoring 24 clients.
George, 30, whose studio is in Broadway Market, said: “Trekstock is a small charity with huge heart and I wanted to do some fundraising on a bigger scale for them. When the opportunity to climb a mountain cropped up, I jumped at it.
You may also want to watch:
“I guess I feel ready for the prospect of seven days climbing now, especially knowing it’s for such a good cause.”
The bootcamp starts at 10am by the tennis courts at the top of London Fields.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 3 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 4 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 5 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 6 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 7 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 8 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 9 Charity puts on community feasts to tackle food waste
- 10 Police searching for rightful owners of 45 stolen bikes