Personal trainer George Pearse’s 27-hour ‘PT-athon’ for Trekstock culminates in London Fields bootcamp
- Credit: George Pearse who wants to climb Kilimanjaro to raise funds for Trekstock
A personal trainer is running a free boot camp on Saturday in London Fields to raise money for a cancer charity.
George Pearse from Fresh Fit London is asking for donations for the session to put towards the £4,000 he needs to climb Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania next month for Trekstock.
The charity supports young adults with cancer.
The class will be the culmination of a 27-hour “PT-athon”, which starts on Friday at 8am and will see George tutoring 24 clients.
George, 30, whose studio is in Broadway Market, said: “Trekstock is a small charity with huge heart and I wanted to do some fundraising on a bigger scale for them. When the opportunity to climb a mountain cropped up, I jumped at it.
You may also want to watch:
“I guess I feel ready for the prospect of seven days climbing now, especially knowing it’s for such a good cause.”
The bootcamp starts at 10am by the tennis courts at the top of London Fields.
- 1 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 2 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 5 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 6 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 7 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers
- 8 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 9 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 10 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12