Search

Pets dead after eating poisoned meat left lying around in De Beauvoir

PUBLISHED: 12:49 25 October 2013 | UPDATED: 12:49 25 October 2013

De Beauvoir’s pet owners are urged to be on the look-out, after two cats and a dog died after eating meat laced with anti-freeze.

The contaminated meat, which the RSPCA believes was left out to kill foxes, was found in Ufton Road gardens.

The RSPCA and police have circulated to surrounding residents warning them it is illegal.

An RSPCA spokesperson said they are investigating and appealing for help from the public.

“If anyone suspects that their pet has been poisoned they should seek urgent veterinary advice,” he said.

Anyone with information that could help the investigation is urged to contact the RSPCA investigation line on 0300 123 8010 quoting incident number 1172/15/10.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Hackney Gazette. Click the link in the orange box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Hackney Gazette