Pochettino admits Spurs could wait until the last minute to do January deals
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino concedes the club could wait until the last moment again to sign players in the January transfer window.
Spurs are expected to have a quiet month on the recruitment front, having splashed out almost £70million on Moussa Sissoko, Victor Wanyama, Vincent Janssen and Georges-Kevin Nkoudou in the summer.
The expensive of those additions, Sissoko, arrived on deadline day – and Pochettino admits there could be a similar scenario in January.
“Maybe on the last day, maybe. It’s like before,” Pochettino said. “It’s too difficult to improve your squad in January, for all the club. I don’t expect too much movement.
“I am happy with the squad. At the same time I recognise it is always very difficult to improve the squad in January.
You may also want to watch:
“The best players, it is difficult for their teams to allow the good players to leave halfway through the season.
“If some special situation happens, maybe we need to be open but it will be tough or difficult to improve the squad in that period.”
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 3 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 4 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 7 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 8 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back
- 9 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 10 Letters: Christchurch Estate, Cllr Burke, Happy Man Tree and CCTV
Tottenham saw a £15million bid for Crystal Palace’s Wilfried Zaha rebuffed in the summer and they could make another move.
“I like good players and maybe he is a good player,” Pochettino said. “But I don’t like to start focusing on some names. Then you start a rumour.”