Pochettino: I’ve spoken to Dele Alli about the importance of keeping a cool head
Tottenham’s head coach Mauricio Pochettino says he has spoken to Dele Alli about the importance of keeping a cool head.
The prodigious 19-year-old midfielder appeared to kick Nenad Tomovic after the Fiorentina man fell in front of him during last week’s last-32 Europa League clash in Florence, and he seemed fortunate to only receive a yellow card.
Ahead of tomorrow’s home leg at White Hart Lane, Pochettino said: “We had a chat and it was very good. I think it’s always important. He’s very young, he needs to learn.
“He’s a very nice guy - a good person - but he’s very competitive. He’s shown he’s one of the best players in England and he showed very good maturity against Crystal Palace [on Sunday]. He was calm and he played well.
“It showed he can learn and improve his behaviour on the pitch. It was a natural chat and showed that he has learnt a lot for the future.”
You may also want to watch:
Follow me on Twitter @BenPearceSpurs
- 1 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 2 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 3 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 6 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 7 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 8 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 9 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man