Pochettino: I’ve spoken to Dele Alli about the importance of keeping a cool head
Tottenham’s head coach Mauricio Pochettino says he has spoken to Dele Alli about the importance of keeping a cool head.
The prodigious 19-year-old midfielder appeared to kick Nenad Tomovic after the Fiorentina man fell in front of him during last week’s last-32 Europa League clash in Florence, and he seemed fortunate to only receive a yellow card.
Ahead of tomorrow’s home leg at White Hart Lane, Pochettino said: “We had a chat and it was very good. I think it’s always important. He’s very young, he needs to learn.
“He’s a very nice guy - a good person - but he’s very competitive. He’s shown he’s one of the best players in England and he showed very good maturity against Crystal Palace [on Sunday]. He was calm and he played well.
“It showed he can learn and improve his behaviour on the pitch. It was a natural chat and showed that he has learnt a lot for the future.”
You may also want to watch:
Follow me on Twitter @BenPearceSpurs
- 1 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 2 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 3 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 5 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 6 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 7 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 8 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 9 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 10 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction