Pochettino: I’ve spoken to Dele Alli about the importance of keeping a cool head
Tottenham’s head coach Mauricio Pochettino says he has spoken to Dele Alli about the importance of keeping a cool head.
The prodigious 19-year-old midfielder appeared to kick Nenad Tomovic after the Fiorentina man fell in front of him during last week’s last-32 Europa League clash in Florence, and he seemed fortunate to only receive a yellow card.
Ahead of tomorrow’s home leg at White Hart Lane, Pochettino said: “We had a chat and it was very good. I think it’s always important. He’s very young, he needs to learn.
“He’s a very nice guy - a good person - but he’s very competitive. He’s shown he’s one of the best players in England and he showed very good maturity against Crystal Palace [on Sunday]. He was calm and he played well.
“It showed he can learn and improve his behaviour on the pitch. It was a natural chat and showed that he has learnt a lot for the future.”
Follow me on Twitter @BenPearceSpurs
- 1 Half a million Mare Street flat to be auctioned for investment
- 2 Planned travel disruptions in east and central north London this week
- 3 Shoreditch Park Academy officially opens its doors
- 4 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
- 5 EXCLUSIVE: Planet Organic responds to backlash about incoming Broadway Market store
- 6 Fallen sergeant Matt Ratana honoured at Guards Chapel memorial service
- 7 Not just for Christmas: Rescue dogs looking for forever homes
- 8 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 9 Boxpark reveals plans for Shoreditch rooftop garden
- 10 South Hackney stabbing: Woman arrested and man left fighting for his life