Pochettino: Kane all set to become a legend after Stoke treble
- Credit: PA
Mauricio Pochettino believes Harry Kane is well on his way to becoming a legend at Tottenham – after the Spurs striker bagged a hat-trick in the 4-0 win over Stoke City.
In among the treble was Kane’s 100th club goal in all competitions and was his third hat-trick since the turn of the year.
It means he has scored over 20 goals in each of the last three seasons and Pochettino was delighted for his chief marksman.
“He’s one of the best,” enthused the Spurs boss. “I am very pleased for him as he is a top man, very professional, but it is not a surprise to me because I’ve said before he is one of the best strikers in the world.
“He has all the tools to be a legend here. With the goals he scores and how professional he is, how much of a man he is, he’s a dream to have.
You may also want to watch:
“He has his character and sometimes he is upset with me and sometimes he is happy. He has a strong character and personality and he shows it on the pitch like today.”
Tottenham blew Stoke away in the first half with Dele Alli getting the fourth on the stroke of half-time.
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 3 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 4 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 5 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 6 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 7 Olympic boxer joins fight to make vegetable poverty history in Hackney
- 8 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 9 Parents raise thousands for home-learning supplies in Hackney and London
- 10 Hackney Half marathon to go ahead amid uncertain Covid restrictions
And after the disappointment of Thursday night, for both the team and Alli himself. Pochettino was delighted at the response.
He said: “We were fantastic in a week which was less than perfect for us. We need to feel very proud and pleased with this performance.
“It was a very good day for us.
“We started very well and were very focussed and played fantastic. We were disappointed with Thursday as I thought we played well but I’m happy now, very happy with the way we recovered our feelings.
“I gave [Alli] love, more love than normal. He showed big maturity today. He was very disappointed and sad [after Thursday] but he’s only 20-years-old and I will protect and support him always.
“For me he is one of the best younger players in the world. His character and the way he behaves, yes sometimes he will make a mistake but I want him on the pitch and next to me.”