Pochettino reveals Clinton Njie may have to wait for Spurs debut
Clinton Njie may have to wait to make his Tottenham debut after Mauricio Pochettino stated it would be a “big risk” to start the new signing against Everton on Saturday due to a lack of fitness.
The Cameroon international attacking midfielder, who has arrived from Lyon, was paraded in front of the crowd at White Hart Lane before the home game against Stoke almost two weeks ago.
However, the 22-year-old missed last week’s trip to Leicester and may not be involved against Everton this weekend either.
“I think it’s difficult, because he was injured in pre-season with Lyon and it’s true that his fitness levels are not yet [right],” said Pochettino. “I think it’s a big risk if he starts [this weekend].”
On the other hand, Pochettino reports that left-back Danny Rose is fully fit, having been on the bench for the last two league games, with Ben Davies playing instead.
You may also want to watch:
“Danny Rose is fully fit, yes,” said Pochettino. “He had a problem after Real Madrid in Munich but now he’s ok, he’s fully fit.”
Follow me on Twitter @BenPearceSpurs
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 3 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 4 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 5 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 6 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 7 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 8 Sistah Space launches charity shop to help domestic abuse survivors
- 9 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 10 Twenty-five firefighters put out blaze at a Hackney shop