Pochettino reveals Clinton Njie may have to wait for Spurs debut
Clinton Njie may have to wait to make his Tottenham debut after Mauricio Pochettino stated it would be a “big risk” to start the new signing against Everton on Saturday due to a lack of fitness.
The Cameroon international attacking midfielder, who has arrived from Lyon, was paraded in front of the crowd at White Hart Lane before the home game against Stoke almost two weeks ago.
However, the 22-year-old missed last week’s trip to Leicester and may not be involved against Everton this weekend either.
“I think it’s difficult, because he was injured in pre-season with Lyon and it’s true that his fitness levels are not yet [right],” said Pochettino. “I think it’s a big risk if he starts [this weekend].”
On the other hand, Pochettino reports that left-back Danny Rose is fully fit, having been on the bench for the last two league games, with Ben Davies playing instead.
You may also want to watch:
“Danny Rose is fully fit, yes,” said Pochettino. “He had a problem after Real Madrid in Munich but now he’s ok, he’s fully fit.”
Follow me on Twitter @BenPearceSpurs
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 3 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 4 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 5 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 6 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 7 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 8 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 9 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 10 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers