Pochettino reveals Clinton Njie may have to wait for Spurs debut
Clinton Njie may have to wait to make his Tottenham debut after Mauricio Pochettino stated it would be a “big risk” to start the new signing against Everton on Saturday due to a lack of fitness.
The Cameroon international attacking midfielder, who has arrived from Lyon, was paraded in front of the crowd at White Hart Lane before the home game against Stoke almost two weeks ago.
However, the 22-year-old missed last week’s trip to Leicester and may not be involved against Everton this weekend either.
“I think it’s difficult, because he was injured in pre-season with Lyon and it’s true that his fitness levels are not yet [right],” said Pochettino. “I think it’s a big risk if he starts [this weekend].”
On the other hand, Pochettino reports that left-back Danny Rose is fully fit, having been on the bench for the last two league games, with Ben Davies playing instead.
You may also want to watch:
“Danny Rose is fully fit, yes,” said Pochettino. “He had a problem after Real Madrid in Munich but now he’s ok, he’s fully fit.”
Follow me on Twitter @BenPearceSpurs
- 1 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 2 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 3 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 4 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 5 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 6 Parents protest plan to close children's centres in Hackney
- 7 Morning Lane council homes only possible 'if flats are sold' - says mayor
- 8 Calls to boycott Museum of Home until Geffrye statue falls
- 9 Nuisance drinkers in Hackney to be fined under new order
- 10 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian