Three arrested on suspicion of murder following unexplained death in Upper Clapton
- Credit: google
Three people have been arrested on suspicion of murder after an unexplained death in Hackney.
Police officers were called to Charnwood Street, Upper Clapton, at 4.45pm on Tuesday after welfare concerns were raised about an occupant.
They found a 57-year-old woman who was unresponsive, and she was later pronounced dead at the scene.
A post-mortem will take place in due course to establish the cause of her death.
Her next of kin have been informed.
You may also want to watch:
A 40-year-old man, a 48-year-old woman from Southend and a 32-year-old woman from Hackney have been arrested on suspicion of murder.
The man and the woman aged 48 remain in police custody, while the woman aged 32 has been bailed to an east London police station later this week.
- 1 Fears soft play centre Kidzmania could be at threat due to flats plan
- 2 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 3 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 4 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 5 Letter on LTN scheme in Stoke Newington
- 6 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 7 Cinema set to open in Finsbury Park in time for No Time to Die
- 8 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this weekend (September 25-56)
- 9 A sneak peak of what's in store for Black History Season in Hackney
- 10 Sadiq Khan urged to denounce £1.2bn Edmonton incinerator
Detectives from the Met’s murder squad are investigating.
Any witnesses or anyone with any information are asked to call police on 020 8345 3734 or 101 or via Twitter @MetCC, quoting CAD 4862/17MAR.
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.