Three arrested on suspicion of murder following unexplained death in Upper Clapton
- Credit: google
Three people have been arrested on suspicion of murder after an unexplained death in Hackney.
Police officers were called to Charnwood Street, Upper Clapton, at 4.45pm on Tuesday after welfare concerns were raised about an occupant.
They found a 57-year-old woman who was unresponsive, and she was later pronounced dead at the scene.
A post-mortem will take place in due course to establish the cause of her death.
Her next of kin have been informed.
You may also want to watch:
A 40-year-old man, a 48-year-old woman from Southend and a 32-year-old woman from Hackney have been arrested on suspicion of murder.
The man and the woman aged 48 remain in police custody, while the woman aged 32 has been bailed to an east London police station later this week.
- 1 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 This isn't a funny column - Covid killed my father
- 4 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 5 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 6 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 7 Islington man sentenced for antisemitic graffiti in Stamford Hill
- 8 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 9 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 10 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
Detectives from the Met’s murder squad are investigating.
Any witnesses or anyone with any information are asked to call police on 020 8345 3734 or 101 or via Twitter @MetCC, quoting CAD 4862/17MAR.
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.