Three arrested on suspicion of murder following unexplained death in Upper Clapton
- Credit: google
Three people have been arrested on suspicion of murder after an unexplained death in Hackney.
Police officers were called to Charnwood Street, Upper Clapton, at 4.45pm on Tuesday after welfare concerns were raised about an occupant.
They found a 57-year-old woman who was unresponsive, and she was later pronounced dead at the scene.
A post-mortem will take place in due course to establish the cause of her death.
Her next of kin have been informed.
You may also want to watch:
A 40-year-old man, a 48-year-old woman from Southend and a 32-year-old woman from Hackney have been arrested on suspicion of murder.
The man and the woman aged 48 remain in police custody, while the woman aged 32 has been bailed to an east London police station later this week.
- 1 "Heartless" Joshua White killers jailed for life
- 2 Broken De Beauvoir Estate lift saw man "bump" wife in wheelchair down stairs
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 5 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 6 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 7 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 8 Calls for black women's voices to also be heard in light of Sarah Everard death
- 9 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 10 Hackney Rabbi campaigns with Idris Elba, Ed Sheeran, Lewis Hamilton and others to Never Forget Stephen Lawrence
Detectives from the Met’s murder squad are investigating.
Any witnesses or anyone with any information are asked to call police on 020 8345 3734 or 101 or via Twitter @MetCC, quoting CAD 4862/17MAR.
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.