Police appeal after fatal Amhurst Road collision
- Credit: @999London
Officers investigating a fatal collision are appealing for witnesses after a female motorcyclist died following an accident in Lower Clapton yesterday.
Emergency services were called to the junction of Amhurst Road and Bodney Road just after 1.30pm to reports of a collision between a car and a motorcycle.
The 34-year-old motorcycle rider and her female pillion passenger were found injured, and were treated at the scene before being taken to hospital. The rider died at a short time later.
The second woman, aged 30, suffered non life-threatening injuries.
The driver of the car stopped at the scene and is assisting officers with their enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information, or footage of the events surrounding the collision, is asked to contact officers on 020 8597 4874 quoting CAD3837/01Mar.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition
- 7 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 8 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 9 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 10 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service