Police appeal after fatal Amhurst Road collision
- Credit: @999London
Officers investigating a fatal collision are appealing for witnesses after a female motorcyclist died following an accident in Lower Clapton yesterday.
Emergency services were called to the junction of Amhurst Road and Bodney Road just after 1.30pm to reports of a collision between a car and a motorcycle.
The 34-year-old motorcycle rider and her female pillion passenger were found injured, and were treated at the scene before being taken to hospital. The rider died at a short time later.
The second woman, aged 30, suffered non life-threatening injuries.
The driver of the car stopped at the scene and is assisting officers with their enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information, or footage of the events surrounding the collision, is asked to contact officers on 020 8597 4874 quoting CAD3837/01Mar.
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 6 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 7 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 8 Leyton Orient seal win over Barrow to move just one point off the play-offs
- 9 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 10 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year