Police appeal after fatal Amhurst Road collision
- Credit: @999London
Officers investigating a fatal collision are appealing for witnesses after a female motorcyclist died following an accident in Lower Clapton yesterday.
Emergency services were called to the junction of Amhurst Road and Bodney Road just after 1.30pm to reports of a collision between a car and a motorcycle.
The 34-year-old motorcycle rider and her female pillion passenger were found injured, and were treated at the scene before being taken to hospital. The rider died at a short time later.
The second woman, aged 30, suffered non life-threatening injuries.
The driver of the car stopped at the scene and is assisting officers with their enquiries.
Anyone with information, or footage of the events surrounding the collision, is asked to contact officers on 020 8597 4874 quoting CAD3837/01Mar.
- 1 Hackney high streets to get funding boost
- 2 Man 'threw toolbox' at woman's head at Overground station
- 3 Met officer sacked for concealing proceeds of husband's crimes
- 4 Video shows jewellers in Stamford Hill robbed twice in two months
- 5 Court shown moment man is arrested in the road naked after 'ferocious' attack on girlfriend
- 6 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 7 Pay cut decision overturned after council worker strike
- 8 First-of-its-kind De Beauvoir event brings women and the police together
- 9 Dedicated police team set up for Shoreditch Town Centre
- 10 'We're sorry': Hackney Council apologises after pandemic repairs backlog