Police appeal after man dies in collision with van in Dalston
- Credit: Archant
Detectives are appealing for witnesses after a 30-year-old man died on Saturday morning following a collision with a van, near the Geffrye Museum, in Kingsland Road.
Police were called at 5:05am and attended with the London Ambulance but the man died from critical injuries at the scene.
He was pronounced dead just 12 minutes later.
Police arrested the driver of the van on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and the 37-year-old has been taken to an east London hospital for questioning.
Temporary road closures have been lifted.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives from the Serious Collision Investigation Unit based at Chadwell Heath Traffic Garage are investigating and would like to speak with anyone who witnessed the collision.
Any witnesses can contact police on 020 8597 4874 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 "Heartless" Joshua White killers jailed for life
- 2 Broken De Beauvoir Estate lift saw man "bump" wife in wheelchair down stairs
- 3 Shocked woman finds bugs in unopened Lidl Paprika Jar
- 4 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 5 Hackney Rabbi campaigns with Idris Elba, Ed Sheeran, Lewis Hamilton and others to Never Forget Stephen Lawrence
- 6 Sadiq Khan: “Young People in Hackney remind me of myself 30 years ago”
- 7 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 8 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 9 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 10 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention