Police appeal after man dies in collision with van in Dalston
- Credit: Archant
Detectives are appealing for witnesses after a 30-year-old man died on Saturday morning following a collision with a van, near the Geffrye Museum, in Kingsland Road.
Police were called at 5:05am and attended with the London Ambulance but the man died from critical injuries at the scene.
He was pronounced dead just 12 minutes later.
Police arrested the driver of the van on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and the 37-year-old has been taken to an east London hospital for questioning.
Temporary road closures have been lifted.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives from the Serious Collision Investigation Unit based at Chadwell Heath Traffic Garage are investigating and would like to speak with anyone who witnessed the collision.
Any witnesses can contact police on 020 8597 4874 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Fears soft play centre Kidzmania could be at threat due to flats plan
- 2 Still no justice for Hackney flat party stabbing victim Elyon Poku
- 3 Letter on LTN scheme in Stoke Newington
- 4 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 5 Cinema set to open in Finsbury Park in time for No Time to Die
- 6 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 7 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 8 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 9 Hackney drumming tribute to Cream's Ginger Baker
- 10 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP