Police appeal for man with scar over his right eye: teenager allegedly abducted and raped in London Fields
Detectives are appealing for information and witnesses following the alleged rape of a teenager in London Fields.
Officers were alerted on Wednesday June 6 after reports of a 17-year-old girl being assaulted in a flat in London Fields.
It appears the girl, a local student, had been walking along Mare Street in Hackney Central at around 3pm when she realized she was being followed by a man in a car.
To avoid him she turned into Emma Street and then into Oval Road.
But the man jumped out of the vehicle and pushed her inside, before speeding towards flats at London Fields.
You may also want to watch:
She was taken from the car into one of the flats where the assault took place.
She managed to escape and ran to London Fields station where she raised the alarm.
- 1 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 2 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
- 3 Stoke Newington eatery voted favourite café by Gazette readers
- 4 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 5 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 6 Hackney's field-to-fork cooking school opens in Lower Clapton
- 7 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 8 Complaints about noise neighbours soared in Hackney during the pandemic
- 9 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 10 Chinese dumpling house voted top restaurant by readers
Officers are now looking for the suspect who is described as being black, aged between 30 and 40 years, and of muscular build.
He had a shaved head, a scar over his right eye and a piercing in his right ear.
He drove a black VW Golf with a registration plate beginning with the letter V.
Anyone who was in the area on June 6 and saw anything suspicious should contact the Sapphire team at Shoreditch police station on 020 7275 3491.
Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.