Police appeal for missing 12-year-old Hackney boy
- Credit: Archant
A 12-year-old boy who has been found sleeping rough in the past is missing and police are now appealing for help to find him.
Darren Safo was last seen yesterday evening leaving a family members home.
Police say they are “very worried” as the fact he has been found sleeping rough before, coupled with his young age means they consider him to be very vulnerable.
Darren is black, 5ft 2ins tall, slim build, with short hair.
The 12-year-old was last seen wearing a black coat with a hood and black jogging bottoms with white lettering on the left side.
You may also want to watch:
Paul Ridley, detective inspector from Hackney CID, said: “Darren was last seen leaving a family members address on Thursday evening saying that he would be going home, however he never arrived.
“We have not been able to trace him since this time. The weather conditions are extremely inclement and I am very concerned about the welfare of this young boy.
- 1 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 2 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 3 Chinese dumpling house voted top restaurant by readers
- 4 Scouts roll out new early years Squirrels programme across east London
- 5 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 6 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 7 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
- 8 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 9 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 10 Hackney Wick's Lord Napier pub opens its doors after 26 years
“I would urge anyone that knows of Darren’s whereabouts to call Police immediately so that he can be reunited with his family who are extremely worried.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at Hackney on 07990 795873 or via 101.