Police appeal for missing 12-year-old Hackney boy
- Credit: Archant
A 12-year-old boy who has been found sleeping rough in the past is missing and police are now appealing for help to find him.
Darren Safo was last seen yesterday evening leaving a family members home.
Police say they are “very worried” as the fact he has been found sleeping rough before, coupled with his young age means they consider him to be very vulnerable.
Darren is black, 5ft 2ins tall, slim build, with short hair.
The 12-year-old was last seen wearing a black coat with a hood and black jogging bottoms with white lettering on the left side.
Paul Ridley, detective inspector from Hackney CID, said: “Darren was last seen leaving a family members address on Thursday evening saying that he would be going home, however he never arrived.
“We have not been able to trace him since this time. The weather conditions are extremely inclement and I am very concerned about the welfare of this young boy.
- 1 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 2 12 stolen phones recovered after stop and search in Hackney
- 3 Operation to crack down on Dalston street robberies erupted into 'violence'
- 4 Flats under construction in Hackney Wick to be knocked down and rebuilt
- 5 Disorder in Dalston: Eight charged and footage referred to IOPC watchdog
- 6 Three men convicted for Dalston shooting
- 7 Footage appearing to show officer striking man in Dalston under review
- 8 Thunderstorms to hit London this evening warns Met Office
- 9 Men jailed after firing 13 shots at people in children's park
- 10 Arrests for violent disorder following Dalston moped operation
“I would urge anyone that knows of Darren’s whereabouts to call Police immediately so that he can be reunited with his family who are extremely worried.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at Hackney on 07990 795873 or via 101.