Police appeal for witnesses to Clapton hit and run
Police are appealing for witnesses to a hit and run accident in Clapton on Monday night.
Two vehicles involved in the incident, which took place at the junction of Lea Bridge Road and Hillstowe Street around 8pm.
One vehicle left the scene of the accident, leaving a woman trapped in a Vauxhall Zafira.
Five victims were taken to hospital - including a pregnant woman and two children – who have all now been allowed home.
Four fire engines attended the scene, along with three ambulances and three police cars.
You may also want to watch:
Kriss Lee who was at the scene said it took some time to cut the woman free from the vehicle: “The firemen had to cut away the middle seat in order to cut the back from the front seat so they could evacuate the woman through the rear hatchback door of the vehicle,” he said.
Anyone with information regarding the accident should call 0300 123 1212 quoting CAD9378/20th June
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 8 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 9 Hackney Council cyberattack: Stolen data published on the dark web
- 10 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared