Police appeal for witnesses to Clapton hit and run
Police are appealing for witnesses to a hit and run accident in Clapton on Monday night.
Two vehicles involved in the incident, which took place at the junction of Lea Bridge Road and Hillstowe Street around 8pm.
One vehicle left the scene of the accident, leaving a woman trapped in a Vauxhall Zafira.
Five victims were taken to hospital - including a pregnant woman and two children – who have all now been allowed home.
Four fire engines attended the scene, along with three ambulances and three police cars.
You may also want to watch:
Kriss Lee who was at the scene said it took some time to cut the woman free from the vehicle: “The firemen had to cut away the middle seat in order to cut the back from the front seat so they could evacuate the woman through the rear hatchback door of the vehicle,” he said.
Anyone with information regarding the accident should call 0300 123 1212 quoting CAD9378/20th June
- 1 Turner Prize winning artist holds exhibition in his former Hackney school
- 2 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 3 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 4 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 5 Mick Gosling tribute: 'A man of honesty and justice'
- 6 Free boat parties, stone-fired pizza and more this weekend in Hackney
- 7 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 8 Mick Gosling tribute: 'Political vision and flair'
- 9 Hackney 'unsung heroes' honoured in Mayor's civic awards
- 10 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised