Police appeal for witnesses to Clapton hit and run
Police are appealing for witnesses to a hit and run accident in Clapton on Monday night.
Two vehicles involved in the incident, which took place at the junction of Lea Bridge Road and Hillstowe Street around 8pm.
One vehicle left the scene of the accident, leaving a woman trapped in a Vauxhall Zafira.
Five victims were taken to hospital - including a pregnant woman and two children – who have all now been allowed home.
Four fire engines attended the scene, along with three ambulances and three police cars.
You may also want to watch:
Kriss Lee who was at the scene said it took some time to cut the woman free from the vehicle: “The firemen had to cut away the middle seat in order to cut the back from the front seat so they could evacuate the woman through the rear hatchback door of the vehicle,” he said.
Anyone with information regarding the accident should call 0300 123 1212 quoting CAD9378/20th June
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 3 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 6 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 7 Roads, Museum of the Home, Living Wage and child exploitation
- 8 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 9 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 10 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12