Police appeal to track man, 40, missing for six weeks
- Credit: Archant
Police in Hackney are becoming increasingly concerned for man who has been missing for over six weeks.
Urban Atkins, 40, was last seen by his family on Saturday August 15 after leaving his home in Amhurst Road, Lower Clapton to go to work in Enfield.
He was reported missing to police by his family one month later, on September 18, when they became concerned for his welfare.
A spokesman for Scotland Yard said: “Urban has previously gone missing but this has been for the longest time without any contact with his family.
“Police have worked hard to locate him but they are really stuck, there is nothing they know of as to why he would go missing.”
You may also want to watch:
Urban is described as black, around 5ft 8ins tall and of medium build, with short dark afro style hair and a black beard.
When he was last seen he was wearing black cargo trousers, a high visibility safety vest and a fleece top.
- 1 Pastor Morris tribute: 'We don’t know what would have happened to us if it wasn’t for him'
- 2 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 3 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 4 £5.75m investment agreed for "historic" Clapton leisure centre
- 5 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000
- 6 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 7 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 8 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 9 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 10 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
He has links to Enfield, Croydon and Wandsworth.
Anyone who has seen Urban or knows of his whereabouts is asked to call police in Hackney via 101 quoting reference 15MIS037063, or alternatively contact Missing People Charity on 116000.