Police appeal to track man, 40, missing for six weeks
- Credit: Archant
Police in Hackney are becoming increasingly concerned for man who has been missing for over six weeks.
Urban Atkins, 40, was last seen by his family on Saturday August 15 after leaving his home in Amhurst Road, Lower Clapton to go to work in Enfield.
He was reported missing to police by his family one month later, on September 18, when they became concerned for his welfare.
A spokesman for Scotland Yard said: “Urban has previously gone missing but this has been for the longest time without any contact with his family.
“Police have worked hard to locate him but they are really stuck, there is nothing they know of as to why he would go missing.”
You may also want to watch:
Urban is described as black, around 5ft 8ins tall and of medium build, with short dark afro style hair and a black beard.
When he was last seen he was wearing black cargo trousers, a high visibility safety vest and a fleece top.
- 1 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 2 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 3 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 4 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 5 Broken De Beauvoir Estate lift saw man "bump" wife in wheelchair down stairs
- 6 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 7 Calls for black women's voices to also be heard in light of Sarah Everard death
- 8 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 9 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 10 Newington Green's Meeting House to stream concert series for Mary Wollstonecraft's 262nd Birthday
He has links to Enfield, Croydon and Wandsworth.
Anyone who has seen Urban or knows of his whereabouts is asked to call police in Hackney via 101 quoting reference 15MIS037063, or alternatively contact Missing People Charity on 116000.