Police appeal to track man, 40, missing for six weeks
- Credit: Archant
Police in Hackney are becoming increasingly concerned for man who has been missing for over six weeks.
Urban Atkins, 40, was last seen by his family on Saturday August 15 after leaving his home in Amhurst Road, Lower Clapton to go to work in Enfield.
He was reported missing to police by his family one month later, on September 18, when they became concerned for his welfare.
A spokesman for Scotland Yard said: “Urban has previously gone missing but this has been for the longest time without any contact with his family.
“Police have worked hard to locate him but they are really stuck, there is nothing they know of as to why he would go missing.”
Urban is described as black, around 5ft 8ins tall and of medium build, with short dark afro style hair and a black beard.
When he was last seen he was wearing black cargo trousers, a high visibility safety vest and a fleece top.
- 1 'Was she rank?': Met apologises for language used during Hackney strip search
- 2 Eight drivers arrested and 22 vehicles seized in Stoke Newington crackdown
- 3 Boy, 15, rushed to hospital after stabbing in Harringay Sainsbury's carpark
- 4 'Major victory': Ridley Road Shopping Village's future secured
- 5 'Catastrophic consequences': Hundreds of unvaccinated could lose work at Homerton Hospital
- 6 Man rushed to hospital following Stoke Newington stabbing
- 7 Covid patient numbers at Homerton Hospital with Plan B rules set to lift
- 8 Upper Clapton college celebrates recovery after glowing Ofsted report
- 9 Three jailed after 'horrific' revenge attack on teenage boy near Finsbury Park
- 10 Woman 'may face life-changing injuries' after Dalston e-scooter crash
He has links to Enfield, Croydon and Wandsworth.
Anyone who has seen Urban or knows of his whereabouts is asked to call police in Hackney via 101 quoting reference 15MIS037063, or alternatively contact Missing People Charity on 116000.