Police appeal to track man, 40, missing for six weeks
- Credit: Archant
Police in Hackney are becoming increasingly concerned for man who has been missing for over six weeks.
Urban Atkins, 40, was last seen by his family on Saturday August 15 after leaving his home in Amhurst Road, Lower Clapton to go to work in Enfield.
He was reported missing to police by his family one month later, on September 18, when they became concerned for his welfare.
A spokesman for Scotland Yard said: “Urban has previously gone missing but this has been for the longest time without any contact with his family.
“Police have worked hard to locate him but they are really stuck, there is nothing they know of as to why he would go missing.”
You may also want to watch:
Urban is described as black, around 5ft 8ins tall and of medium build, with short dark afro style hair and a black beard.
When he was last seen he was wearing black cargo trousers, a high visibility safety vest and a fleece top.
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 3 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 4 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 7 Letters: Christchurch Estate, Cllr Burke, Happy Man Tree and CCTV
- 8 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 9 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 10 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
He has links to Enfield, Croydon and Wandsworth.
Anyone who has seen Urban or knows of his whereabouts is asked to call police in Hackney via 101 quoting reference 15MIS037063, or alternatively contact Missing People Charity on 116000.