Police appeal to track man, 40, missing for six weeks
- Credit: Archant
Police in Hackney are becoming increasingly concerned for man who has been missing for over six weeks.
Urban Atkins, 40, was last seen by his family on Saturday August 15 after leaving his home in Amhurst Road, Lower Clapton to go to work in Enfield.
He was reported missing to police by his family one month later, on September 18, when they became concerned for his welfare.
A spokesman for Scotland Yard said: “Urban has previously gone missing but this has been for the longest time without any contact with his family.
“Police have worked hard to locate him but they are really stuck, there is nothing they know of as to why he would go missing.”
Urban is described as black, around 5ft 8ins tall and of medium build, with short dark afro style hair and a black beard.
When he was last seen he was wearing black cargo trousers, a high visibility safety vest and a fleece top.
- 1 Boy charged with 3 offences after series of Hackney Marshes sex assaults
- 2 Hackney festival celebrating Turkish and Kurdish culture returns
- 3 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 4 Boy, 16, in custody after spate of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes
- 5 Police search for witness who helped rape victim
- 6 TfL worker launches petition to reinstate Finsbury Park to Edgware railway
- 7 Hackney shooting: Appeal after 'weapons fight' in Lower Clapton
- 8 Wanted: Suspect sought after series of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes area
- 9 Man dies after being found on fire in Stoke Newington
- 10 Met defends Israeli police visit to Hackney
He has links to Enfield, Croydon and Wandsworth.
Anyone who has seen Urban or knows of his whereabouts is asked to call police in Hackney via 101 quoting reference 15MIS037063, or alternatively contact Missing People Charity on 116000.