Police arrest two in Dalston after cannabis found in false wall
Two men were arrested in Dalston this morning after police found large quantities of cannabis concealed in a false wall.
Officers were carrying out a search warrant at an address in Tavistock Close when they made the discovery.
A police spokeswoman said: “So far officers have found 36kg of compressed cannabis; 32kg was in vacuum packs in a wall, another 3kg was found behind the bath tub and, on entering the building, officers found men compressing another 1kg of cannabis.”
The drugs have an estimated street value of �216,000.
The men, aged 24 and 32, were arrested for possession with intent to supply the drug and taken to an east London police station.
You may also want to watch:
The warrant was part of Operation Bantam.
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 3 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 4 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 5 Olympic boxer joins fight to make vegetable poverty history in Hackney
- 6 Hackney Half marathon to go ahead amid uncertain Covid restrictions
- 7 Stamford Hill singer says Hackney people helped him on creative path
- 8 Tributes paid to Hackney sports hero and coach Lloyd Cowan
- 9 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse