Police arrest two in Dalston after cannabis found in false wall
Two men were arrested in Dalston this morning after police found large quantities of cannabis concealed in a false wall.
Officers were carrying out a search warrant at an address in Tavistock Close when they made the discovery.
A police spokeswoman said: “So far officers have found 36kg of compressed cannabis; 32kg was in vacuum packs in a wall, another 3kg was found behind the bath tub and, on entering the building, officers found men compressing another 1kg of cannabis.”
The drugs have an estimated street value of �216,000.
The men, aged 24 and 32, were arrested for possession with intent to supply the drug and taken to an east London police station.
You may also want to watch:
The warrant was part of Operation Bantam.
- 1 Fears soft play centre Kidzmania could be at threat due to flats plan
- 2 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 3 Still no justice for Hackney flat party stabbing victim Elyon Poku
- 4 Letter on LTN scheme in Stoke Newington
- 5 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 6 Cinema set to open in Finsbury Park in time for No Time to Die
- 7 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 8 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 9 A sneak peak of what's in store for Black History Season in Hackney
- 10 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this weekend (September 25-56)