Police “extremely concerned” for missing Hackney pensioner
- Credit: Archant
Police in Hackney are “extremely concerned” for the welfare of a missing pensioner who has not been seen for two days, since he wandered off from the sheltered accommodation where he lives.
Raymond Pearce, 84, was last seen at 11am on Sunday March 7 leaving his home in Benabo Court, Ferncliff Road, Dalston.
Mr Pearce, who is also known as Lennie or Lennox, suffers from a heart complaint and significant cognitive impairment, and is likely to become disorientated.
DI Paul Ridley from Hackney CID is urging the public to help his team find him.
He said: “Mr Pearce wandered away from his home address without any explanation.
You may also want to watch:
“Due to his age, health condition and level of impairment it is crucial that he is located as a priority.
“Obviously with the inclement conditions last night and currently, that is elevating our fears.
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 8 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 9 Hackney Council cyberattack: Stolen data published on the dark web
- 10 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
“He does not have a mobile phone or travel card so the public’s help in recognising him will be invaluable.
“He is known to frequent pubs and is likely to be seeking shelter from the cold.”
Mr Pearce has gone missing before and was found in the street in Lewisham.
He is a black man, 5ft 6ins tall and is of slim build, with grey wispy hair.
He has no upper teeth and only two lower teeth.
He was last seen wearing a black cap, black trousers and black leather bomber jacket.
Anyone with information on his whereabouts should call police on 101 or Missing People on 116000, quoting reference 16MIS006949.