Police “extremely concerned” for missing Hackney pensioner
- Credit: Archant
Police in Hackney are “extremely concerned” for the welfare of a missing pensioner who has not been seen for two days, since he wandered off from the sheltered accommodation where he lives.
Raymond Pearce, 84, was last seen at 11am on Sunday March 7 leaving his home in Benabo Court, Ferncliff Road, Dalston.
Mr Pearce, who is also known as Lennie or Lennox, suffers from a heart complaint and significant cognitive impairment, and is likely to become disorientated.
DI Paul Ridley from Hackney CID is urging the public to help his team find him.
He said: “Mr Pearce wandered away from his home address without any explanation.
You may also want to watch:
“Due to his age, health condition and level of impairment it is crucial that he is located as a priority.
“Obviously with the inclement conditions last night and currently, that is elevating our fears.
- 1 Pastor Morris tribute: 'We don’t know what would have happened to us if it wasn’t for him'
- 2 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 3 £5.75m investment agreed for "historic" Clapton leisure centre
- 4 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 5 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000
- 6 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 7 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 8 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 9 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 10 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
“He does not have a mobile phone or travel card so the public’s help in recognising him will be invaluable.
“He is known to frequent pubs and is likely to be seeking shelter from the cold.”
Mr Pearce has gone missing before and was found in the street in Lewisham.
He is a black man, 5ft 6ins tall and is of slim build, with grey wispy hair.
He has no upper teeth and only two lower teeth.
He was last seen wearing a black cap, black trousers and black leather bomber jacket.
Anyone with information on his whereabouts should call police on 101 or Missing People on 116000, quoting reference 16MIS006949.