Police “extremely concerned” for missing Hackney pensioner
- Credit: Archant
Police in Hackney are “extremely concerned” for the welfare of a missing pensioner who has not been seen for two days, since he wandered off from the sheltered accommodation where he lives.
Raymond Pearce, 84, was last seen at 11am on Sunday March 7 leaving his home in Benabo Court, Ferncliff Road, Dalston.
Mr Pearce, who is also known as Lennie or Lennox, suffers from a heart complaint and significant cognitive impairment, and is likely to become disorientated.
DI Paul Ridley from Hackney CID is urging the public to help his team find him.
He said: “Mr Pearce wandered away from his home address without any explanation.
You may also want to watch:
“Due to his age, health condition and level of impairment it is crucial that he is located as a priority.
“Obviously with the inclement conditions last night and currently, that is elevating our fears.
- 1 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 2 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 3 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 4 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 5 Broken De Beauvoir Estate lift saw man "bump" wife in wheelchair down stairs
- 6 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 7 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 8 Calls for black women's voices to also be heard in light of Sarah Everard death
- 9 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 10 Newington Green's Meeting House to stream concert series for Mary Wollstonecraft's 262nd Birthday
“He does not have a mobile phone or travel card so the public’s help in recognising him will be invaluable.
“He is known to frequent pubs and is likely to be seeking shelter from the cold.”
Mr Pearce has gone missing before and was found in the street in Lewisham.
He is a black man, 5ft 6ins tall and is of slim build, with grey wispy hair.
He has no upper teeth and only two lower teeth.
He was last seen wearing a black cap, black trousers and black leather bomber jacket.
Anyone with information on his whereabouts should call police on 101 or Missing People on 116000, quoting reference 16MIS006949.