Police horses, face painting and BMX on offer at London Fields family fun day
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters can look inside police cars and meet the police horses which patrol the area at a fun family day in London Fields this Saturday.
An iPad and Play Station 4 game console will be up for grabs in the raffle at the community event, which is being organised by the Shoreditch Neighbourhood policing team to raise awareness of their work.
Safer transport police will be on hand to “security tag” bikes to discourage cycle theft, and kiddies will be kept amused with slides and face painting.
Deputy Mayor for Policing Stephen Greenhalgh is coming along to hand out prizes to the winners of a competition to design a crime prevention poster, which has been running in local schools.
The winning designs will be displayed at local estates.
The London Fire Brigade will bring along a fire engine, the London Ambulance Service is bringing a first aid motorbike and British Cycling will set up a small BMX track to offer a “taste” of what’s on offer at the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park velodrome.
The event takes place on London Fields near Broadway Market on Saturday May 10 from noon to 4pm.
- 1 Hackney high streets to get funding boost
- 2 Man 'threw toolbox' at woman's head at Overground station
- 3 Met officer sacked for concealing proceeds of husband's crimes
- 4 Video shows jewellers in Stamford Hill robbed twice in two months
- 5 Court shown moment man is arrested in the road naked after 'ferocious' attack on girlfriend
- 6 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 7 Pay cut decision overturned after council worker strike
- 8 First-of-its-kind De Beauvoir event brings women and the police together
- 9 Dedicated police team set up for Shoreditch Town Centre
- 10 'We're sorry': Hackney Council apologises after pandemic repairs backlog