Police horses, face painting and BMX on offer at London Fields family fun day
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters can look inside police cars and meet the police horses which patrol the area at a fun family day in London Fields this Saturday.
An iPad and Play Station 4 game console will be up for grabs in the raffle at the community event, which is being organised by the Shoreditch Neighbourhood policing team to raise awareness of their work.
Safer transport police will be on hand to “security tag” bikes to discourage cycle theft, and kiddies will be kept amused with slides and face painting.
Deputy Mayor for Policing Stephen Greenhalgh is coming along to hand out prizes to the winners of a competition to design a crime prevention poster, which has been running in local schools.
The winning designs will be displayed at local estates.
You may also want to watch:
The London Fire Brigade will bring along a fire engine, the London Ambulance Service is bringing a first aid motorbike and British Cycling will set up a small BMX track to offer a “taste” of what’s on offer at the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park velodrome.
The event takes place on London Fields near Broadway Market on Saturday May 10 from noon to 4pm.
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 5 Leyton Orient seal win over Barrow to move just one point off the play-offs
- 6 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 7 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 8 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 9 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 10 Roads, Museum of the Home, Living Wage and child exploitation