Police horses, face painting and BMX on offer at London Fields family fun day
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters can look inside police cars and meet the police horses which patrol the area at a fun family day in London Fields this Saturday.
An iPad and Play Station 4 game console will be up for grabs in the raffle at the community event, which is being organised by the Shoreditch Neighbourhood policing team to raise awareness of their work.
Safer transport police will be on hand to “security tag” bikes to discourage cycle theft, and kiddies will be kept amused with slides and face painting.
Deputy Mayor for Policing Stephen Greenhalgh is coming along to hand out prizes to the winners of a competition to design a crime prevention poster, which has been running in local schools.
The winning designs will be displayed at local estates.
You may also want to watch:
The London Fire Brigade will bring along a fire engine, the London Ambulance Service is bringing a first aid motorbike and British Cycling will set up a small BMX track to offer a “taste” of what’s on offer at the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park velodrome.
The event takes place on London Fields near Broadway Market on Saturday May 10 from noon to 4pm.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 8 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 9 Hackney author speaks out against stop and search
- 10 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate