Police hunt for child kidnapper who escaped same Hackney mental health unit as convicted killer
- Credit: Archant
Police in Hackney are appealing for help to trace a child kidnapper who absconded from the John Howard Centre yesterday.
Shane Hart, who is also known as Stephen, absconded whilst on escorted leave from the medium secure mental health unit, and was last seen in Brooksby Walk, Homerton, at around 3pm on Wednesday.
The 54-year old is the subject of a hospital order following his conviction in 1994 for false imprisonment and taking a child without lawful authority.
Police have warned the public not to approach Hart but to call 999 immediately if he is spotted.
He is described as white, approximately 5ft 8ins with blackish grey hair and was wearing a black jacket, mustard shirt and cream trousers.
You may also want to watch:
Convicted killer, Lerone Boye was at large for over three months after escaping from the same centre in Kenworthy Road, Homerton, last October.
And another patient, Samuel Lee who was serving time for raping a disabled woman, absconded while on unsupervised leave in June.
- 1 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 2 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 3 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 8 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 9 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 10 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers