Police hunt for child kidnapper who escaped same Hackney mental health unit as convicted killer
- Credit: Archant
Police in Hackney are appealing for help to trace a child kidnapper who absconded from the John Howard Centre yesterday.
Shane Hart, who is also known as Stephen, absconded whilst on escorted leave from the medium secure mental health unit, and was last seen in Brooksby Walk, Homerton, at around 3pm on Wednesday.
The 54-year old is the subject of a hospital order following his conviction in 1994 for false imprisonment and taking a child without lawful authority.
Police have warned the public not to approach Hart but to call 999 immediately if he is spotted.
He is described as white, approximately 5ft 8ins with blackish grey hair and was wearing a black jacket, mustard shirt and cream trousers.
You may also want to watch:
Convicted killer, Lerone Boye was at large for over three months after escaping from the same centre in Kenworthy Road, Homerton, last October.
And another patient, Samuel Lee who was serving time for raping a disabled woman, absconded while on unsupervised leave in June.
- 1 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 2 Chinese dumpling house voted top restaurant by readers
- 3 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 4 Scouts roll out new early years Squirrels programme across east London
- 5 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 6 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
- 7 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 8 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 9 Hackney Wick's Lord Napier pub opens its doors after 26 years
- 10 'Hackney is still building', says mayor on future affordable housing