Police hunt for child kidnapper who escaped same Hackney mental health unit as convicted killer
- Credit: Archant
Police in Hackney are appealing for help to trace a child kidnapper who absconded from the John Howard Centre yesterday.
Shane Hart, who is also known as Stephen, absconded whilst on escorted leave from the medium secure mental health unit, and was last seen in Brooksby Walk, Homerton, at around 3pm on Wednesday.
The 54-year old is the subject of a hospital order following his conviction in 1994 for false imprisonment and taking a child without lawful authority.
Police have warned the public not to approach Hart but to call 999 immediately if he is spotted.
He is described as white, approximately 5ft 8ins with blackish grey hair and was wearing a black jacket, mustard shirt and cream trousers.
You may also want to watch:
Convicted killer, Lerone Boye was at large for over three months after escaping from the same centre in Kenworthy Road, Homerton, last October.
And another patient, Samuel Lee who was serving time for raping a disabled woman, absconded while on unsupervised leave in June.
- 1 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 5 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 6 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 7 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 9 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction
- 10 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney