Police investigate Stoke Newington woman’s “unexplained” death
- Credit: Archant
Police are investigating an “unexplained” death after a woman was found dead in Stoke Newington yesterday.
Police were called to Green Lanes just after 1.30pm by London Ambulance Service.
The woman, believed to be aged 37, was found inside the property.
Formal identification and a post-mortem examination will take place in due course.
A police spokesman said: “An investigation is under way, led by detectives from Hackney, and at this time the death is being treated as unexplained.”
You may also want to watch:
A man aged 34 has been arrested and is currently in custody.
- 1 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 4 This isn't a funny column - Covid killed my father
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images