Police investigating fatal Stoke Newington crash
A man has been arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving after a pedestrian was killed in Stoke Newington yesterday.
The 30-year old victim had just stepped out of a minicab in Lordship Road when she was in collision with the Honda Civic at the junction with Queen Elizabeth’s Walk.
Police and the ambulance service were called just before 2.30pm but the woman was pronounced dead at the scene.
Her next of kin have yet to be informed.
The male driver stopped at the scene and has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving.
You may also want to watch:
Road closures were in force until late evening as crime scene investigators carried out their work.
Officers from the road death investigation unit are investigating.
- 1 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 2 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 3 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Roads, Museum of the Home, Living Wage and child exploitation
- 6 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 7 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 8 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 9 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 10 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
Anyone with information is asked to call 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.