Police say they are unsure of motive behind the killing of a young man in Homerton
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating the killing of a 20-year-old man in Homerton are not pursuing robbery as a line of enquiry and say they are keeping an open mind regarding potential motives.
Officers continue to appeal for witnesses and information after Lamarni Hylton-Reid, of Warwick Grove, Clapton, was found suffering from a stab wound in Homerton.
On Wednesday, police were called shortly after 5.10pm by the London Ambulance Service to Homerton High Street, at the junction with Kenworthy Road, following reports of a stabbing.
Lamarni was taken to an east London hospital where he was subsequently pronounced dead at 6.30pm.
An incident room opened under Det Ch Insp John Sandlin of the Homicide and Major Crime Command.
An inquest has been scheduled to open on September 19.
Any witnesses or anyone with any information can call the incident room on 020 8345 3865 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Woman 'may face life-changing injuries' after Dalston e-scooter crash
- 2 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 3 Man arrested over two separate rape allegations - one previously unknown to police
- 4 De Beauvoir mother and son campaign to keep the 21 bus route
- 5 Drug dealer jailed after being caught with cannabis and cash
- 6 Girl reported missing from Hackney found
- 7 'Deeply shocked and troubled': Reports of rising anti-Semitic crime
- 8 ‘The people of Edmonton will stop this incinerator’ - Protestors promise more action if plan is signed off
- 9 Man's head and hand slashed in Hackney knife attack
- 10 Woman, 31, cleared of murdering man in Hackney
There have been no arrests and enquiries continue.