Police say they are unsure of motive behind the killing of a young man in Homerton
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating the killing of a 20-year-old man in Homerton are not pursuing robbery as a line of enquiry and say they are keeping an open mind regarding potential motives.
Officers continue to appeal for witnesses and information after Lamarni Hylton-Reid, of Warwick Grove, Clapton, was found suffering from a stab wound in Homerton.
On Wednesday, police were called shortly after 5.10pm by the London Ambulance Service to Homerton High Street, at the junction with Kenworthy Road, following reports of a stabbing.
Lamarni was taken to an east London hospital where he was subsequently pronounced dead at 6.30pm.
An incident room opened under Det Ch Insp John Sandlin of the Homicide and Major Crime Command.
You may also want to watch:
An inquest has been scheduled to open on September 19.
Any witnesses or anyone with any information can call the incident room on 020 8345 3865 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 2 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 3 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 4 New photography book celebrates Hackney’s residents of all ages
- 5 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 6 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 7 Hackney writer creates web series to deter young people from "street life"
- 8 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 9 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 10 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
There have been no arrests and enquiries continue.