Police say they are unsure of motive behind the killing of a young man in Homerton
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating the killing of a 20-year-old man in Homerton are not pursuing robbery as a line of enquiry and say they are keeping an open mind regarding potential motives.
Officers continue to appeal for witnesses and information after Lamarni Hylton-Reid, of Warwick Grove, Clapton, was found suffering from a stab wound in Homerton.
On Wednesday, police were called shortly after 5.10pm by the London Ambulance Service to Homerton High Street, at the junction with Kenworthy Road, following reports of a stabbing.
Lamarni was taken to an east London hospital where he was subsequently pronounced dead at 6.30pm.
An incident room opened under Det Ch Insp John Sandlin of the Homicide and Major Crime Command.
You may also want to watch:
An inquest has been scheduled to open on September 19.
Any witnesses or anyone with any information can call the incident room on 020 8345 3865 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 2 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 3 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 7 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 8 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 9 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
There have been no arrests and enquiries continue.