Police say they are unsure of motive behind the killing of a young man in Homerton
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating the killing of a 20-year-old man in Homerton are not pursuing robbery as a line of enquiry and say they are keeping an open mind regarding potential motives.
Officers continue to appeal for witnesses and information after Lamarni Hylton-Reid, of Warwick Grove, Clapton, was found suffering from a stab wound in Homerton.
On Wednesday, police were called shortly after 5.10pm by the London Ambulance Service to Homerton High Street, at the junction with Kenworthy Road, following reports of a stabbing.
Lamarni was taken to an east London hospital where he was subsequently pronounced dead at 6.30pm.
An incident room opened under Det Ch Insp John Sandlin of the Homicide and Major Crime Command.
You may also want to watch:
An inquest has been scheduled to open on September 19.
Any witnesses or anyone with any information can call the incident room on 020 8345 3865 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 2 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 3 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
- 4 Stoke Newington eatery voted favourite café by Gazette readers
- 5 Undercover Met officers may have infiltrated Hackney CND
- 6 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 7 Hackney's field-to-fork cooking school opens in Lower Clapton
- 8 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 9 Repair Shop's Jay Blades hosts bingo for older Londoners
- 10 Complaints about noise neighbours soared in Hackney during the pandemic
There have been no arrests and enquiries continue.