Pop-up bar Night Tales finds ‘permanent’ Hackney home
- Credit: Archant
A pop-up bar has lived up to its description over the last five years, having moved around Shoreditch, Dalston, Hackney Wick and London Fields. Now Night Tales is staying put.
The bar and street food venue has settled down in a “semi-permanent” home in the up-and-coming Bohemia Place, underneath the Hackney Central arches.
Spread over two arches next to the new St John at Hackney Brewery, Pressure Drop and ABQ, which combines an arcade-themed shot bar with a Breaking Bad-inspired immersive cocktail experience, Night Tales houses a 300-capacity club and an outdoor space for 500 people.
Its peach and pink decor combines “neon-lit 1990s pop positivity with Japanese-inspired organics” and is designed by Sella Concept.
Co-founder Tatjana von Stein said: “The key was to create a scheme to link all the areas through colour, materials and behaviour.
You may also want to watch:
“We wanted to stay away from the usual East London bar aesthetic of industrial or foraged chic and the traditional Japanese theme, so we pushed the perimeters of both.”
Night Tales is open until 3am on Fridays and Saturdays and midnight on Thursdays. Visit nighttales.co.uk.
- 1 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 2 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 3 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 4 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 5 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 6 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 7 Planet Organic to open in Broadway Market despite thousands of signatures in protest
- 8 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 9 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 10 Met officer cleared over moped rider's death during Stoke Newington chase