Pop-up bar Night Tales finds ‘permanent’ Hackney home
- Credit: Archant
A pop-up bar has lived up to its description over the last five years, having moved around Shoreditch, Dalston, Hackney Wick and London Fields. Now Night Tales is staying put.
The bar and street food venue has settled down in a “semi-permanent” home in the up-and-coming Bohemia Place, underneath the Hackney Central arches.
Spread over two arches next to the new St John at Hackney Brewery, Pressure Drop and ABQ, which combines an arcade-themed shot bar with a Breaking Bad-inspired immersive cocktail experience, Night Tales houses a 300-capacity club and an outdoor space for 500 people.
Its peach and pink decor combines “neon-lit 1990s pop positivity with Japanese-inspired organics” and is designed by Sella Concept.
Co-founder Tatjana von Stein said: “The key was to create a scheme to link all the areas through colour, materials and behaviour.
You may also want to watch:
“We wanted to stay away from the usual East London bar aesthetic of industrial or foraged chic and the traditional Japanese theme, so we pushed the perimeters of both.”
Night Tales is open until 3am on Fridays and Saturdays and midnight on Thursdays. Visit nighttales.co.uk.
- 1 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 4 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 5 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 6 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 7 Islington man sentenced for antisemitic graffiti in Stamford Hill
- 8 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 9 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 10 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs