Pop-up business hub BL-NK will promote Tech City start ups
- Credit: Archant
A pop-up hub has re-opened in Shoreditch to support, promote and celebrate the surrounding creative, commercial and technological clusters recognised nationally and across the globe.
BL-NK, a unique venue run by Hackney Council, established itself on the Tech City landscape last year in East Road, just off Old Street roundabout - but has now taken on a newer incarnation in Curtain Road, Shoreditch.
The temporary urban space boasts over 4,500 square feet of versatile floor space over three storeys, purpose-built to showcase local businesses across all sectors.
As a platform to promote local projects to a regional, national and global audience, BL-NK will support businesses with their plans for growth, offering affordable workspace in a key central location, and a venue for seminars, training and meetings and networking while also acting as a launch pad for new projects and initiatives.
The business hub will run a programme of Tech City events including the Hackney Business Network Bootcamp, a free whole day of expert-led seminars, workshops and personalised support tomorrow.
You may also want to watch:
From 9am until 4.30pm, attendees can choose from three different workshops, about how to how to choose the right digital marketing strategy for increased sales and profits, how to become ‘investment ready’ and secure finance with a solid business plan and sound financial documents, and how to attract, interview, recruit and retain a workforce.
Jules Pipe, Mayor of Hackney, said at the venue’s launch last week: “This fantastic new venue is ideally positioned for businesses to work together while promoting inward investment opportunities.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 3 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 4 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 5 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 6 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 7 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 8 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 9 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'
- 10 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
“BL-NK reinforces Hackney’s reputation as an outstanding centre of innovation while helping to create opportunities for employment, training and apprenticeships with the introduction of new businesses into the borough.”
BL-NK will also work as periodic digital art gallery, includes free Wi-Fi, a roof terrace and a café promoting and displaying local produce and businesses.
The venue will be open for five years and is being run at no cost to the taxpayer, with funding generated by businesses and individuals using the space with any surplus being reinvested back into local business support.
BL-NK is located at 25-27 Curtain Road, London, EC2A 3LT.