Postmortem on head found near where EastEnders actress Gemma McCluskie’s torso found being carried out
A pathologist is currently carrying out a postmortem examination on the human head found in the same river where the torso belonging to EastEnders actress Gemma McCluskie was recovered.
The postmortem is currently being carried out by the pathologist brought into to examine the head, stored at a mortuary at Poplar Coroners Court, according to a coroner’s officer.
It is not yet clear if DNA tests will need to be carried out to identify the head.
The head was recovered from the Regent’s Canal on Sunday after police were called by a member of the public who spotted the head in the water near Kingsland Road in Hackney.
Body parts belonging to Gemma McCluskie were found near Broadway Market earlier in the year and further up river.
You may also want to watch:
Gemma McCluskie went missing from the Bethnal Green home she shared with her ill mother Pauline and brother Tony more than six months ago.
Her brother Tony Ms McCluskie, 35, is due to stand trial accused of her murder in November.
- 1 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 2 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 3 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 4 Calls to boycott Museum of Home until Geffrye statue falls
- 5 Nuisance drinkers in Hackney to be fined under new order
- 6 Trick or Eat returns to help Hackney Foodbank
- 7 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 8 More developers could lodge proposals for Hackney Central site
- 9 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 10 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London