Postmortem on head found near where EastEnders actress Gemma McCluskie’s torso found being carried out
A pathologist is currently carrying out a postmortem examination on the human head found in the same river where the torso belonging to EastEnders actress Gemma McCluskie was recovered.
The postmortem is currently being carried out by the pathologist brought into to examine the head, stored at a mortuary at Poplar Coroners Court, according to a coroner’s officer.
It is not yet clear if DNA tests will need to be carried out to identify the head.
The head was recovered from the Regent’s Canal on Sunday after police were called by a member of the public who spotted the head in the water near Kingsland Road in Hackney.
Body parts belonging to Gemma McCluskie were found near Broadway Market earlier in the year and further up river.
You may also want to watch:
Gemma McCluskie went missing from the Bethnal Green home she shared with her ill mother Pauline and brother Tony more than six months ago.
Her brother Tony Ms McCluskie, 35, is due to stand trial accused of her murder in November.
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 3 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 6 Roads, Museum of the Home, Living Wage and child exploitation
- 7 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 8 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 9 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 10 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12