When will Spurs play top six rivals this season?
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
After facing Manchester City and Arsenal in August, Tottenham Hotspur then have a two month wait until they play another challenger for the title
The Premier League fixtures for the 2019/20 campaign were released this morning and Spurs will start the season at home to newly promoted Aston Villa.
It gets harder for Mauricio Pochettino's team after with a trip to Manchester City up the following weekend of August 16-18 and they finish the month away to Arsenal in an early north London derby compared to usual.
But when will Tottenham Hotspur play the rest of the top six? It turns out after a difficult opening period, the Lilywhites at least conclude the campaign without many fixtures against fellow title challengers.
After the short journey to the Emirates, the next big encounter for Spurs occurs when they travel to Liverpool on October 26.
You may also want to watch:
Tottenham have another tough away match at the beginning of December when they visit Old Trafford to take on Manchester United for a midweek encounter on the 3rd.
Spurs will then finally play a top-six rival at their new stadium on December 21 when Chelsea visit in the last match before Christmas.
- 1 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 4 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 5 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 6 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 7 Hackney postal voters urged to reapply after cyber-attack
- 8 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 9 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
Pochettino's team will renew acquaintances with Champions League finalists the Reds on January 11 at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium and entertain Premier League title holders City there on February 1.
The Lilywhites will also face Chelsea that month and will travel to Stamford Bridge on February 22 before Man United visit N17 on March 14.
Spurs' last clash with a top six rival occurs on April 25 when London rivals Arsenal travel to Tottenham Hotspur Stadium for the first time.
So while Pochettino and his squad are set to face a number of title foes on the road first, they at least face them all at home in the second half of the campaign and they will hope the club's new ground feels like a fortress at that point which may be key.