Ladies look to get the better of Villans
- Credit: Archant
Spurs Ladies remain top of the table, but Manchester United Women closed the gap to two points on Sunday
Tottenham Hotspur Ladies will bring their two-week break to an end on Tuesday when they visit Aston Villa Ladies in the FA Women’s Championship.
Karen Hills’ team last played on February 20 and secured a dramatic 1-0 win at home to Leicester City Women thanks to Angela Addison’s stoppage-time goal.
It kept Spurs in a healthy position in the battle for the title, which now looks to be a two-horse race.
Tottenham currently lead the table with 39 points from 15 matches, but second-placed Manchester United Women on 37 have a game in hand.
You may also want to watch:
Further back, Durham Women are on 32 points after 15 fixtures while Charlton Athletic Women have 29 points after 14 fixtures, but they seem too far off to be considered real title challengers anymore.
So it looks like it will be between Spurs and the Red Devils and Hills will hope her squad make it seven league wins in a row this week.
- 1 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 2 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 3 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 4 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 5 Broken De Beauvoir Estate lift saw man "bump" wife in wheelchair down stairs
- 6 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 7 Calls for black women's voices to also be heard in light of Sarah Everard death
- 8 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 9 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 10 Newington Green's Meeting House to stream concert series for Mary Wollstonecraft's 262nd Birthday
Earlier in the season, on October 28, the Lilywhites defeated Villa 2-1 at Cheshunt FC’s Theobalds Lane.
Goals from Ashleigh Nevilla and Rianna Dean saw them over the line, but it was far from easy and Tuesday’s clash is likely to be similar.