Tottenham Women get friendly action underway against Southampton
- Credit: Archant
Karen Hills’ team are getting ready for life in the Barclays FA Women’s Super League
Spurs Women head to Southampton this weekend to start their pre-season friendly schedule ahead of life in the top flight.
It has been a big summer for the club with eight new players signed and the squad now training full-time.
Tottenham Hotspur will travel to Eastleigh on Sunday to take on the Saints for the first of numerous fixtures pencilled in over the next five weeks.
After taking on Southampton, they will travel to south London to do battle with Crystal Palace on Sunday, August 4th at Bromley.
You may also want to watch:
Seven days later they will play their first match at their new ground, the Hive, against landlords London Bees before they fly out to Spain the following day.
Karen Hills' squad have been invited to compete in the Ramon de Carranza Trophy in a four-team tournament, which will celebrate its 65th anniversary.
- 1 Hackney had worst knife crime rate in London, report finds
- 2 Dalston revealed as Hackney's top hotspot for weapons offences
- 3 Man attacked with metal pole in Clapton
- 4 Hackney man, 22, died struggling to breathe in prison cell for eight minutes
- 5 Hackney sees house prices boom by more than 108 per cent over ten years
- 6 Hackney leaders welcome Mayor Khan's ULEZ expansion
- 7 'I think religion is a way for people to live meaningfully together': New Rabbi embraces Stoke Newington
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 What A Wonderful World: Hackney Choirs sing for climate action ahead of COP26
- 10 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
For the first time, women's teams will take part and Spurs will face Real Betis, Athletic Club (Bilbao) and CD Tacon.
Tottenham will play Betis in a semi-final match on Tuesday, August 13 before the final occurs the next day.
Hills' side will then have a slight break before their next encounter, a crunch clash at Arsenal, who they will face in the Super League this season.
The north London derby, which will take place at Boreham Wood, will be contested on Sunday, August 25 before Spurs round off pre-season with another game against a divisional rival in the shape of West Ham.
This capital clash will occur on Sunday, September 1 at Rush Green, the home of the Hammers Women.
It will be the first of several fixtures between the sides with Tottenham and West Ham in the same group for the Continental Cup.
Spurs have been placed in Group D alongside the Hammers, Chelsea, Crystal Palace, Lewes and Reading. The top two teams will progress into the knock-out rounds.
Finally, Tottenham added another signing earlier this week when Hannah Godfrey agreed to join the Lilywhites.
The 22-year-old signs subject to international clearance after spending the last four yeas in the United States at the University of South Alabama and playing for Pensacola FC.
A former Manchester City and Blackburn Rovers player, the centre back will provide competition in the heart of defence.