Tottenham Women get friendly action underway against Southampton
- Credit: Archant
Karen Hills’ team are getting ready for life in the Barclays FA Women’s Super League
Spurs Women head to Southampton this weekend to start their pre-season friendly schedule ahead of life in the top flight.
It has been a big summer for the club with eight new players signed and the squad now training full-time.
Tottenham Hotspur will travel to Eastleigh on Sunday to take on the Saints for the first of numerous fixtures pencilled in over the next five weeks.
After taking on Southampton, they will travel to south London to do battle with Crystal Palace on Sunday, August 4th at Bromley.
You may also want to watch:
Seven days later they will play their first match at their new ground, the Hive, against landlords London Bees before they fly out to Spain the following day.
Karen Hills' squad have been invited to compete in the Ramon de Carranza Trophy in a four-team tournament, which will celebrate its 65th anniversary.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition
- 7 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 8 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 9 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 10 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
For the first time, women's teams will take part and Spurs will face Real Betis, Athletic Club (Bilbao) and CD Tacon.
Tottenham will play Betis in a semi-final match on Tuesday, August 13 before the final occurs the next day.
Hills' side will then have a slight break before their next encounter, a crunch clash at Arsenal, who they will face in the Super League this season.
The north London derby, which will take place at Boreham Wood, will be contested on Sunday, August 25 before Spurs round off pre-season with another game against a divisional rival in the shape of West Ham.
This capital clash will occur on Sunday, September 1 at Rush Green, the home of the Hammers Women.
It will be the first of several fixtures between the sides with Tottenham and West Ham in the same group for the Continental Cup.
Spurs have been placed in Group D alongside the Hammers, Chelsea, Crystal Palace, Lewes and Reading. The top two teams will progress into the knock-out rounds.
Finally, Tottenham added another signing earlier this week when Hannah Godfrey agreed to join the Lilywhites.
The 22-year-old signs subject to international clearance after spending the last four yeas in the United States at the University of South Alabama and playing for Pensacola FC.
A former Manchester City and Blackburn Rovers player, the centre back will provide competition in the heart of defence.