Spurs Ladies set for huge match with promotion rivals
- Credit: Archant
Tottenham Hotspur Ladies travel to Charlton Athletic Women on Sunday with the two sides hoping to go up this season
Tottenham Hotspur Ladies face a crunch clash in their bid to earn promotion to the FA Women’s Super League this weekend.
Karen Hills’ will take her side across London to Charlton Athletic Women on Sunday for a massive game in the battle to finish as FA Women’s Championship runners-up.
Leaders Manchester United Women look set to clinch the title, but Spurs and Charlton are hoping to follow them into the division above.
Tottenham are currently in the driving seat, in second spot with 39 points from 17 games, but each of their final three matches are away.
You may also want to watch:
A trip to the Addicks comes on Sunday and Charlton have 35 points and sit third, so will know the importance of a win in this London derby.
Yet even if Tottenham and the hosts can only draw, they may still see their promotion hopes come under threat from Durham Women, who also have 35 points and sit fourth in the standings.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 3 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 4 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 5 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 6 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 7 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 8 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 9 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'
- 10 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
It increases the pressure on the teams involved, but Spurs will back themselves to claim a vital victory at Oakwood and complete a double over Charlton after securing a 1-0 home win over them on November 18.