Spurs Ladies set for huge match with promotion rivals
- Credit: Archant
Tottenham Hotspur Ladies travel to Charlton Athletic Women on Sunday with the two sides hoping to go up this season
Tottenham Hotspur Ladies face a crunch clash in their bid to earn promotion to the FA Women’s Super League this weekend.
Karen Hills’ will take her side across London to Charlton Athletic Women on Sunday for a massive game in the battle to finish as FA Women’s Championship runners-up.
Leaders Manchester United Women look set to clinch the title, but Spurs and Charlton are hoping to follow them into the division above.
Tottenham are currently in the driving seat, in second spot with 39 points from 17 games, but each of their final three matches are away.
You may also want to watch:
A trip to the Addicks comes on Sunday and Charlton have 35 points and sit third, so will know the importance of a win in this London derby.
Yet even if Tottenham and the hosts can only draw, they may still see their promotion hopes come under threat from Durham Women, who also have 35 points and sit fourth in the standings.
- 1 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 4 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 5 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 6 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 8 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 9 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
It increases the pressure on the teams involved, but Spurs will back themselves to claim a vital victory at Oakwood and complete a double over Charlton after securing a 1-0 home win over them on November 18.