Prince Andrew opens The Trampery London Fields fashion hub in Hackney
- Credit: Archant
Prince Andrew officially opened an old Hackney Community College campus which has been transformed into an innovative shared workspace for fashion and creative professionals called The Trampery London Fields.
The former base of further educational establishment Hackney Community College (HCC), in Mare Street, London Fields, has been turned into a fashion base by The Trampery social enterprise.
The idea is to support the next generation of fashion design talent by providing access to flexible spaces, facilities, expertise and solutions which historically have been scarce in the industry.
Rising stars of the fashion industry, Holly Fulton who is known for her graphic prints and statement jewellery, and menswear designer Lou Dalton opened the doors of their newly acquired studios to showcase their work to the Duke of York.
They were joined by HCC students Verlisha Pierre and Kyran McCaffery who presented the Prince some of their clothing creations, and spoke passionately about the training and support they received at the college.
You may also want to watch:
Principal of Hackney Community College Ian Ashman said: “The Trampery’s innovative transformation of our building will bring opportunities for our creative and fashion students to link with a new network of companies, which we hope will lead to work experience, apprenticeships and future employment.”
Income from the lease will be invested into the education and training of local people through HCC.
- 1 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 2 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 5 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 6 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 7 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 8 New photography book celebrates Hackney’s residents of all ages
- 9 Hackney writer creates web series to deter young people from "street life"
- 10 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London