Prince Andrew opens The Trampery London Fields fashion hub in Hackney
- Credit: Archant
Prince Andrew officially opened an old Hackney Community College campus which has been transformed into an innovative shared workspace for fashion and creative professionals called The Trampery London Fields.
The former base of further educational establishment Hackney Community College (HCC), in Mare Street, London Fields, has been turned into a fashion base by The Trampery social enterprise.
The idea is to support the next generation of fashion design talent by providing access to flexible spaces, facilities, expertise and solutions which historically have been scarce in the industry.
Rising stars of the fashion industry, Holly Fulton who is known for her graphic prints and statement jewellery, and menswear designer Lou Dalton opened the doors of their newly acquired studios to showcase their work to the Duke of York.
They were joined by HCC students Verlisha Pierre and Kyran McCaffery who presented the Prince some of their clothing creations, and spoke passionately about the training and support they received at the college.
You may also want to watch:
Principal of Hackney Community College Ian Ashman said: “The Trampery’s innovative transformation of our building will bring opportunities for our creative and fashion students to link with a new network of companies, which we hope will lead to work experience, apprenticeships and future employment.”
Income from the lease will be invested into the education and training of local people through HCC.
- 1 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 2 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 3 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 4 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 5 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 6 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 7 Boiling Point: The film shot in one take inside a Hackney restaurant
- 8 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 9 Planet Organic to open in Broadway Market despite thousands of signatures in protest
- 10 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington