Probation workers who launched Hackney Women’s Team win national award for innovative work
- Credit: Archant
Probation workers who launched a service to support vulnerable Hackney women have won big at a national awards ceremony.
The London Community Rehabilitation Company’s Hackney Women’s Team scooped team of the year at the annual Probation Awards last week.
Debra Francis, Bernadette Otto and Debbie Reynolds were nominated by their colleagues for their work creating a safe and therapeutic space for women on probation, including hard-to-reach and vulnerable people.
London CRC director Helga Swidenbank said: “Our Hackney Women’s Team embody great team work.
“They always have a ‘can do’ attitude and are constantly working together to explore fresh new approaches to help them better engage with hard to reach and vulnerable women.
You may also want to watch:
“The fact they’re successfully engaging women who we’d otherwise struggle to reach will ultimately help reduce reoffending and improving lives.”
- 1 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 2 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 3 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 4 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 5 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 6 'Betrayal of Tottenham Hotspur': fans slam European Super League plan
- 7 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 8 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 9 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 10 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home