Probation workers who launched Hackney Women’s Team win national award for innovative work
- Credit: Archant
Probation workers who launched a service to support vulnerable Hackney women have won big at a national awards ceremony.
The London Community Rehabilitation Company’s Hackney Women’s Team scooped team of the year at the annual Probation Awards last week.
Debra Francis, Bernadette Otto and Debbie Reynolds were nominated by their colleagues for their work creating a safe and therapeutic space for women on probation, including hard-to-reach and vulnerable people.
London CRC director Helga Swidenbank said: “Our Hackney Women’s Team embody great team work.
“They always have a ‘can do’ attitude and are constantly working together to explore fresh new approaches to help them better engage with hard to reach and vulnerable women.
You may also want to watch:
“The fact they’re successfully engaging women who we’d otherwise struggle to reach will ultimately help reduce reoffending and improving lives.”
- 1 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 2 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 3 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 4 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 5 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 6 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 7 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 8 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 9 Police divers search for man who fell from boat into freezing River Lea
- 10 Woman arrested over London Fields shooting that left innocent bystander paralysed