Probation workers who launched Hackney Women’s Team win national award for innovative work
- Credit: Archant
Probation workers who launched a service to support vulnerable Hackney women have won big at a national awards ceremony.
The London Community Rehabilitation Company’s Hackney Women’s Team scooped team of the year at the annual Probation Awards last week.
Debra Francis, Bernadette Otto and Debbie Reynolds were nominated by their colleagues for their work creating a safe and therapeutic space for women on probation, including hard-to-reach and vulnerable people.
London CRC director Helga Swidenbank said: “Our Hackney Women’s Team embody great team work.
“They always have a ‘can do’ attitude and are constantly working together to explore fresh new approaches to help them better engage with hard to reach and vulnerable women.
You may also want to watch:
“The fact they’re successfully engaging women who we’d otherwise struggle to reach will ultimately help reduce reoffending and improving lives.”
- 1 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000
- 2 Vacant Grade I-listed Shoreditch church to be restored and revamped
- 3 £5.75m investment agreed for "historic" Clapton leisure centre
- 4 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 5 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 6 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 7 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 8 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 9 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72
- 10 Hackney residents plan to make noise for more representative voting systems