Probation workers who launched Hackney Women’s Team win national award for innovative work
- Credit: Archant
Probation workers who launched a service to support vulnerable Hackney women have won big at a national awards ceremony.
The London Community Rehabilitation Company’s Hackney Women’s Team scooped team of the year at the annual Probation Awards last week.
Debra Francis, Bernadette Otto and Debbie Reynolds were nominated by their colleagues for their work creating a safe and therapeutic space for women on probation, including hard-to-reach and vulnerable people.
London CRC director Helga Swidenbank said: “Our Hackney Women’s Team embody great team work.
“They always have a ‘can do’ attitude and are constantly working together to explore fresh new approaches to help them better engage with hard to reach and vulnerable women.
You may also want to watch:
“The fact they’re successfully engaging women who we’d otherwise struggle to reach will ultimately help reduce reoffending and improving lives.”
- 1 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 2 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 3 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 5 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 6 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 7 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 8 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director
- 9 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 10 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown