Protect your favourite Hackney building for future generations
Love Local Landmarks project will consider buildings for inclusion on the Local List
People are being asked to nominate their favourite Hackney buildings for local listing, to protect them for future generations.
All the buildings nominated as part of the Love Local Landmarks scheme will be considered by Hackney Council for inclusion on the borough’s Local List.
This gives buildings a special status, which is taken into account by the council’s planning officers when making decisions affecting their future.
Only buildings that are of historical interest, architectural interest, environmental significance or aesthetic or artistic merit will be considered.
You may also want to watch:
The Local List has not been reviewed since 1991 and as yet does not include many of Hackney’s significant 20th-century buildings.
The Love Local Landmarks project, is part-funded by English Heritage and Discover Hackney, and is being co-ordinated by the Hackney Society in partnership with Hackney Council.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 3 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 7 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 8 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 9 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition
- 10 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
Chair of the Hackney Society, Kevin Moore, said: “This project provides a unique opportunity for people in Hackney to take part in selecting and protecting some of the borough’s special buildings.”
To nominate a building before the end of April, email email@example.com