Protect your favourite Hackney building for future generations
Love Local Landmarks project will consider buildings for inclusion on the Local List
People are being asked to nominate their favourite Hackney buildings for local listing, to protect them for future generations.
All the buildings nominated as part of the Love Local Landmarks scheme will be considered by Hackney Council for inclusion on the borough’s Local List.
This gives buildings a special status, which is taken into account by the council’s planning officers when making decisions affecting their future.
Only buildings that are of historical interest, architectural interest, environmental significance or aesthetic or artistic merit will be considered.
You may also want to watch:
The Local List has not been reviewed since 1991 and as yet does not include many of Hackney’s significant 20th-century buildings.
The Love Local Landmarks project, is part-funded by English Heritage and Discover Hackney, and is being co-ordinated by the Hackney Society in partnership with Hackney Council.
- 1 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 2 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 3 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 4 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 5 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 6 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 7 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 8 Morning Lane council homes only possible 'if flats are sold' - says mayor
- 9 Parents protest plan to close children's centres in Hackney
- 10 Stevenage and Leyton Orient still searching for a victory after stalemate at the Lamex
Chair of the Hackney Society, Kevin Moore, said: “This project provides a unique opportunity for people in Hackney to take part in selecting and protecting some of the borough’s special buildings.”
To nominate a building before the end of April, email email@example.com