Protect your favourite Hackney building for future generations
Love Local Landmarks project will consider buildings for inclusion on the Local List
People are being asked to nominate their favourite Hackney buildings for local listing, to protect them for future generations.
All the buildings nominated as part of the Love Local Landmarks scheme will be considered by Hackney Council for inclusion on the borough’s Local List.
This gives buildings a special status, which is taken into account by the council’s planning officers when making decisions affecting their future.
Only buildings that are of historical interest, architectural interest, environmental significance or aesthetic or artistic merit will be considered.
You may also want to watch:
The Local List has not been reviewed since 1991 and as yet does not include many of Hackney’s significant 20th-century buildings.
The Love Local Landmarks project, is part-funded by English Heritage and Discover Hackney, and is being co-ordinated by the Hackney Society in partnership with Hackney Council.
- 1 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 2 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 3 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 4 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 5 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 6 Pastor Morris tribute: 'We don’t know what would have happened to us if it wasn’t for him'
- 7 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 8 All Points East: Radio 6 stage take-over plus more main stage acts
- 9 Hackney this weekend: A Jerk festival, bingo with a twist and more
- 10 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000
Chair of the Hackney Society, Kevin Moore, said: “This project provides a unique opportunity for people in Hackney to take part in selecting and protecting some of the borough’s special buildings.”
To nominate a building before the end of April, email firstname.lastname@example.org