Proud mums from Homerton Hospital join Duchess in welcoming babies to world
- Credit: Archant
While Royal mania reached fever pitch on Monday over the birth of the third in line to the throne, 11 babies were delivered at Homerton Hospital with minimal fuss and just as much parental excitement.
Eva Peaty, 40, followed in the Duchess of Cambridge’s foot steps by giving birth to her first child. Mrs Peaty, who used to live in St Andrews Mews in Stoke Newington spent more than eight hours giving birth to Neve Iris, who arrived at 11.15pm.
Speaking from her bedside at the hospital in Homerton Row, Mrs Peaty said: “It was a long day but pretty momentous! It was at the back of my mind it might happen at the same time as the Royal birth.”
Stratford resident Angelica Avram, who is originally from Romania, give birth to a girl. Sophia Maria arrived into the world by Caesarean section at 2.21pm weighing 7lbs 8oz.
She said: “It’s very exciting. My boss told me I had the same delivery date as the Duchess of Cambridge.
You may also want to watch:
“I thought she was going to give birth on August 21, but when I found out after that she delivered on the same day, I was very excited.”
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 6 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 7 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 8 Leyton Orient seal win over Barrow to move just one point off the play-offs
- 9 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 10 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year